PDA

View Full Version : m1 barrel

DX250
03-30-2006, 05:13 PM
I was just given a SA garand barrel and would like to build a cast gun in 30 cal does it sound like a good idea to rethread this for a mauser action I have or should i just trade it for a more sutable tube? The bore is clean with sharp shiny rifleing. It has S-A-46 and the Springfield logo stamped on the upper side and that apears to be a MIL number on the bottom.

I thought i was in the gunsmithing catagory when i typed this post i will post this their.

Larry Gibson
03-30-2006, 05:41 PM
I was just given a SA garand barrel and would like to build a cast gun in 30 cal does it sound like a good idea to rethread this for a mauser action I have or should i just trade it for a more sutable tube? The bore is clean with sharp shiny rifleing. It has S-A-46 and the Springfield logo stamped on the upper side and that apears to be a MIL number on the bottom.

I thought i was in the gunsmithing catagory when i typed this post i will post this their.

I'm sure there are a lot of SA M1s out there with pitted barrels that the owners would like to get a good original repacement barrel for. Bet you'd come out ahead trading or selling for a suitable Mauser barrel.

Larry Gibson

libbyman
03-30-2006, 08:24 PM
PM sent about the M-1 barrel
Libbyman