PDA

View Full Version : $20 turkey fryer @ WalMart

Marlin Hunter
08-04-2009, 01:15 AM
I was at my local Walmart and they had a closeout on their turkey fryers. They were the 4 welded legs types, 21 inches high. Complete with burner, regulator, pot, basket and thermometer. It was marked down to $20 from $39.95. They also had a double burner for $30. I had the double burner in my basket, but I really didn't need another one, so I put it back. :groner: [smilie=b:

If you need one, check out your local Walmart to see if they are on close-out.

Shiloh
08-05-2009, 07:42 PM
From your post, I'm assuming it was solid enough to support a dutch oven full of lead??

Shiloh

Marlin Hunter
08-05-2009, 10:12 PM
From your post, I'm assuming it was solid enough to support a dutch oven full of lead??

Shiloh

It looked solid. It looked better than the one I have.

They did not have a BTU rating and I couldn't see what the burner shape looked like.

Joe_Kidd
08-05-2009, 10:15 PM
Groan......We never get deals like this locally. I always hear about stuff like this but rarely get to participate...

Marlin Hunter
08-05-2009, 10:36 PM
It looked like the one posted by "Hotwheelz" in this thread:

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=707&page=2

Dennis Eugene
08-05-2009, 10:51 PM
wow our local walmart is a 3 hour ferry ride awayguess I won't be getting one either. Dennis

shooterg
08-06-2009, 09:30 AM
I bought the one labeled as "fish fryer" for the 40 bucks a couple months ago - 4 angle legs, cast iron burner, adjustable regulator - melts 100 lbs. in a cast pot easy. Plus I could actually fry fish in the supplied pan !

armyrat1970
08-08-2009, 08:34 AM
I bought one from WallyWorld several months back. Different from the one pictured but plently strong. Even came with a thermometer but only goes to 750. Plenty good for smelting for WWS and checked it against my RCBS and it was pretty much right on. We call them seafood (or crab) boilers in Southeast Louisiana but same same. The one I have will easily hold a full dutch oven full of lead with no problems. Been there, done that. It's one tough little cookie and if I remember right I only gave about $45 for it. Tank not included but I had a tank from an old gas grill and all the attachments were the same. Very versatile.

kingstrider
08-08-2009, 02:37 PM
Cool I'll check my local store later. I'd put an ad on craigslist and have several leads but this would be better still.

Ekalb2000
08-08-2009, 10:24 PM
Dennis, it must be so nice to be so far away from so many stupid people.
What do you do for a living in that small town?

wow our local walmart is a 3 hour ferry ride awayguess I won't be getting one either. Dennis