PDA

View Full Version : all you guys that load on progressives

Lloyd Smale
08-03-2009, 09:18 PM
email hornady and tell them youd like them to produce a primer tube filler. I told them that since the frankfort arsonal one was discontinued the only option is the dillon and its not only expensive but the one i had worked like crap. I told them to design an improved version of the FA one and sell it for under a 100 bucks and people would come.

jmorris
08-03-2009, 10:20 PM
go to youtube and look for videos showing construction of the Lee hand prime into a "vibra prime". FWIW all Dillon fillers made after 1-09 have a vibration adjustment that make them work much better the retrofit is around $25 if you have an older one.

Lloyd Smale
08-04-2009, 06:35 AM
i think im the one that may have got dillon to consider doing that. I had mine hooked to a reostat i bought from the store and it did help but still didnt cure all the headaches with it. Still was a rarity that all the primers would go into the tube and that at least one wasnt upside down and a guy about had to buy two units as once you got one set for large or small primers you were about afraid to touch it as it took so long to tweak again. I sent lee the same email trying to get them to make one. Problem is there machines dont use primer tubes.
go to youtube and look for videos showing construction of the Lee hand prime into a "vibra prime". FWIW all Dillon fillers made after 1-09 have a vibration adjustment that make them work much better the retrofit is around $25 if you have an older one.

shotman
08-04-2009, 07:04 AM
Didnt lyman make one at one time? You cut them in rows of 10 and the little thing slid in a groove and would drag them and drop in the tube.

runfiverun
08-04-2009, 10:25 PM
the dillon one i have is a pita to set up for small primers and once set ,i dread taking it apart for large .which is pretty easy to get going.
i wouldn't mind one set up just for small primers.
when it is set up for large i can dump in a box empty it in the 550 and dump in another one that will fill the tube before it shuts off.

cajun shooter
08-04-2009, 11:03 PM
When I loaded for the Police Dept. we had the Camdex machines and the primervtube filler worked great. Maybe you could look around at some auctions that had Camdex equipment. The filler had a reostat for vibration and one small screw to adjust for the primer on being up or down.

Bishop Ammunition
02-21-2010, 04:29 AM
Why not just use the Dillon Primer feeders. I haven't tried them on my two Hornadys but maybe I will this weekend.

AZ-Stew
02-27-2010, 05:30 PM
When I loaded for the Police Dept. we had the Camdex machines and the primer tube filler worked great. Maybe you could look around at some auctions that had Camdex equipment. The filler had a rheostat for vibration and one small screw to adjust for the primer on being up or down.

I just checked their web site. They don't offer a separate primer tube loader. Did I miss something, or is the primer tube filler integral with the loading machine?

Thanks,

Stew

Lloyd Smale
02-27-2010, 05:46 PM
because there about as finiky as loading equiptment can get!
Why not just use the Dillon Primer feeders. I haven't tried them on my two Hornadys but maybe I will this weekend.

quasi
02-27-2010, 10:40 PM
The primer tubes and priming system was one of the major reasons I sold my 550 and bought a RCBS 2000. The strip system looks hoaky, but once you use it you love it.