PDA

View Full Version : Compentition: Utah Shootouts + Sniper Shoot update

DeanoBeanCounter
08-01-2009, 06:50 PM
To all people who have been interested in Utah Shootouts:

Aug 8, 2009 - Monthly Tactical Long Range Match

Will go through a lot of Sept. Sniper Shoot Stuff, for your practice and ours. No lunch provided today. 9:00 am, bring about 75 rounds, cost $15

Sept. 12, 13, 2009 - Western Regional Sniper Shootout

Update 7/28/09

There are enough shooters signed up that we will not be cancelling this event because of that, or anything else either. We have shooters from 5 states so far. I told them they can go ahead and book their flights, etc.

Please send in your registrations in as soon as you can, it helps with getting everything set up. You can copy one off our website.

Since we are continually changing (improving?) our events, there are a few things we are experimenting with and working on as long as we can. The main rules are still posted on our web site.

Here is an update though. If it looks unclear or you have questions, please let me know.

This one rifle event, will test a variety of shooting skills and will be geared to be able to use an AR15 up to a 16 lb bolt action. Single shot, bolt, and semi auto. Obviously some rifles can do better at some stages than others, and vice-versa. Take your best shot at which one you will bring.

COF
A lot of very precision shooting. Including 1000 yard targets in the morning when there probably won’t be any wind to afternoon when there will probably be 10 to 15 mile an hour gusty winds. Longer distances will be from prone. Turning and moving targets will be from standing. There will be some from logs, rocks, wobbly poles etc. From having plenty of time, 5 min set up & 1 min to fire one round. To 6 rounds per min. ( this means chamber a round and fire with in 10 sec.) There will probably be only a couple of targets that we’ll shoot 5 or more rounds at. One will have more to do with bringing the rifle up from a low ready position than chambering another round.
This COF is NOT designed for the use of a spotter. (maybe next spring for that) One could help out some I suppose, since some times you will be shooting right next to your buddy but time will be limited. Mostly you will need to stick together if you came in the same vehicle, because you need to drive several times to different venues on the shooting complex. A lot of targets you will be shooting by your self though.
Bring your dope for 50 to 1000 yards, wind, & moving targets. Just think, if you are not highly skilled in all the shooting skills we will be using, nobody else is either (maybe).

Equipment
So pick the rifle you can shoot the best under the circumstances. Most targets will be known range a few won’t. Bring any range finding equipment you want. Bring any sand bag, mono pod, shooting sticks, or anything else you want. Just remember you will have to set up, fire, pick up and move in a limited time.
Scopes.
Probably the best will be a variable power. You will need to pick out a 1 to 1 ½ moa target at different yardages and also acquire YOUR target quickly at 50 yards (not the target next to you) and fire.

Accommodations
There is camping at the range $8 per night. Nice bathrooms close by. No fires.
There are nice hotels 15 miles away in the town of Price. My kids started getting rooms at the Holiday Inn on the west end of town. It’s newer and nice. So that’s where we’ve rented before and I’ve told many shooters.

Food
Saturday evening dutch oven meal is included in shooter fee. Spectators cost $10. There will be available Saturday lunch, Sunday breakfast, and Sunday Lunch. We ask for about a $5 donation each for these. Please email me if you want these meals. We will need to know ahead of time to be ready. You can pay at sign in.

Vendors
A lot of shooters have some kind of business of sales or service to the firearms industry. There will be some room around the dining area in Cowboy Town for you to advertize or bring your items to sell or just show off. This will be free to any shooters. There will be time during the meal times and after the shooting is done for the day for this. Normally the range charges $25 dollars for vendor fees, but if you keep it small so we don’t take up a lot of space, there will be no charge. Ask me if you have questions about this.

I know there are many people who have shot with us or have contacted me about our matches that I don’t have email addresses for so would you let them know what’s going on.

For any questions or if you want to be taken off our email list just let me know.

Email desertratdad@yahoo.com 801 599 1574 www.utahshootouts.com Thanks, Clint