PDA

View Full Version : Range report: Rohm .22

Mark K
08-01-2009, 04:44 PM
Well, it goes bang. Started out at about 25ft, two loads on the target on the right, took a couple misses to get her sighted in. Target on the left about 50ft away, I'll bet I could bring these in with a little practice, this gun is a mite small in my mitts. I took it down and cleaned it, not too much blowby and no lead to speak of, these were Remington "thunderbolts" not the highest grade stuff in the armory. It's a fun little gun, and will have an easy life from now on, after all, it's 40 something, and I'm not anymore. :~)
http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp104/Mbrgr/rohmshoot.jpg

HeavyMetal
08-01-2009, 06:15 PM
Not bad considering the gun.

I'll bet if you put some time into finding a 22 load this thing likes it really might suprise you!

That target on the left, if the group was centered that would be 3 10's a pair of 9's and an 8, that would be 56 points out of 60 possible!

And yes I'll take that anyday!

Bret4207
08-02-2009, 08:49 AM
I've seen far more expensive guns do worse.

leadman
08-02-2009, 01:37 PM
Not bad for a "Saturday Night Special".

EMC45
08-02-2009, 02:38 PM
It would pot game.......Or kill a badguy if need be.

MtGun44
08-02-2009, 06:27 PM
Given that the intended purpose was short range self defense for someone with
a very small bank account, this would do the job just fine. Actually good enough
to shoot rabbits at short range, too.

Better than I expected. Thanks for the report.

Bill

exile
08-02-2009, 07:24 PM
Nice report. Funny how the rich elite think they should be able to defend themselves, but get upset when the average person does. My mother worked as a school administrator in the inner city for 25 years, and she said that every little old lady she knew carried a .38 in their purse. None of them worried about the law, they were just trying to get through the day in one piece.

exile

9.3X62AL
08-02-2009, 11:48 PM
What Bret said.

lylejb
08-05-2009, 02:54 AM
+2 brett

It's as much the shooter as the gun.

I used to shoot on a pistol league, 22's at 50' NRA bullseye course. It was quite funny, several times we would get a new shooter, that was far more "well off $$$$$" that most of us. He would usually show up to his first team practice in his new Benz or Porche, with a big attitude.
He was obviously "better" that the rest of us....until he found out he couldn't keep 10 shots on the paper. Then, of course, their was something wrong with (insert gun, site, ammo, ect. here). usually he would show up a week or two latter with some high $$ pistol, like a hammerli or some such, and SUPRISE....it did no better!! All the $$$ in the world can't buy you skill, and pistol shooting definatly requires skill.

Mark,

that looks like a fun shooter, enjoy

LB

Gerry N.
08-05-2009, 03:50 PM
I bought one of those for twenty bucks or so in '66 or '67 and carried it in a homemade holster on my pack strap while hiking. It accounted for quite a few rabbits and grouse and just seeing it encouraged a couple of 2 legged varmints I encountered to just say "Hi" and keep on moving. For the price they weren't a bad little piece. I gave mine to a girlfriend and replaced it with a Hi-Standard Double Nine.

Gerry N.

Dave C.
08-12-2009, 12:08 PM
+2 brett

It's as much the shooter as the gun.

I used to shoot on a pistol league, 22's at 50' NRA bullseye course. It was quite funny, several times we would get a new shooter, that was far more "well off $$$$$" that most of us. He would usually show up to his first team practice in his new Benz or Porche, with a big attitude.
He was obviously "better" that the rest of us....until he found out he couldn't keep 10 shots on the paper. Then, of course, their was something wrong with (insert gun, site, ammo, ect. here). usually he would show up a week or two latter with some high $$ pistol, like a hammerli or some such, and SUPRISE....it did no better!! All the $$$ in the world can't buy you skill, and pistol shooting definatly requires skill.

Mark,

that looks like a fun shooter, enjoy

LB

Rifle shooting is a skill, Pistol shooting is an art.

Farmall 1066
08-12-2009, 01:20 PM
Got hit in the lip with a piece of lead from one of those that was badly out of time! Wow that hurt! Looks like you have the one built on a Wednesday!
I saw a guy pay around $200 for one of these last summer at an auction! Complete with a holster made to fit a drill, even marked Black & Decker!
Andy