PDA

View Full Version : 1st Military Match

JDL
08-01-2009, 12:41 PM
Our range had it's first match this a.m. Only 2 of us used cast boolits and the winner was using proper boolits with a 14 point lead over 2nd place! No, it wasn't me as I really had a bad time at the 100 yard range although, I did good enough at the 200 yard line to finish in 3rd. I was using my K-31 Swiss, 311466/ 11 grs. Unique, and the winner used a Finnish Mosin with 311299 and SR-4759. 2nd place went to a M-1 Garand shooter, 4th a 1917 Eddystone, 5th Turk Mauser 98/with surplus ammo, and 6th to a M.98 Kar./ Remington factory. A whole lotta fun and can't wait 'till next time!
JDL

Andrew Quigley
08-03-2009, 10:07 AM
Wish there was someone in my area doing one. There was a group of guys from a company that got together and shot a military 3 style game. They used a semi auto/revolver, bolt action rifle and semi auto rifle to compete. It was very interesting to watch and I bet a lot of fun to shoot.
Talked with one of the guys just a few weeks back. Said they'd been to busy to do it again but he's suppose to call me if when they do.

tinsmith
08-12-2009, 11:03 PM
I'm putting on a vintage military rifle 200 yd match on October 25th. It will be at the Big Piney Sportsman Club, six miles East of Houston, MO. A vintage military rifle is anything 6.5mm or larger. The rifle may be minimally sporterized, but must use the original rear sight. This will be a fun match. No target rifles or mouse guns! If interested, contact me through this forum.
Jeff

missionary5155
08-23-2009, 04:46 PM
Greetings
Our Danville, Illinois (East Central Illinois) club has a monthly Military rifle match. Bowling Pins at 50 yards and 100 yards. 2 minutes and or 20 rounds at each range. Then if there is interest and shooters a Squad Comp at 50 yards. Whichever squad can down the pins the fastest. Saw an AR & Krag shooter do it in 23 seconds.
Next shoot is Saturday 19 September. $2 entry fee. Open to the public. If interested PM me.

Shiloh
08-23-2009, 07:01 PM
20 years ago at the Boulder Rifle Club in Colorado, I would on occasion come in third in the High-Power matches. This was a bonus for me. I was wonderful just to shoot with the quality of marksmen that were higher up the ladder. I always had nothing but encouragement.

Shiloh