PDA

View Full Version : Lee push through bullet sizer

joel0407
07-31-2009, 03:10 AM
First, I hope I am posting in the right section. Is Swaging and sizing the same thing? If not could the admin move this post.

I though I might have to buy an expensive bullet press to size my bullets if the cast I get is the wrong size for my bore.

In reading through some of the Archives I have found I can use a lee push through sizer in my RCBS rock chucker press and save plenty of $$ in doing so.

I would like to know is useing the lee as good as any to size bullets.

Happy Days
Joel

alw700
07-31-2009, 07:52 AM
Joel
NO swaging is forming boolits from a piece of lead core. Most use lead wire. Sizing in truing up a cast boolit that is just a little oversize.
It really depends on the volume of boolits you are going be sizing.
The Lee sizing dies will work in most presses that have a 7/8 die seat.
I like the Lee push through sizer dies. I use them on all of pistol boolits.
I hope this helps
Arthur

joel0407
07-31-2009, 08:04 AM
Thanks Arthur. I hope the Admin guys can move this to where it should be than.

I have read I will need a bit of force to use the Lee push through sizer.

alw700
07-31-2009, 07:30 PM
Joel what size boolits are you casting? Then what size are you sizing them to. If you are only sizing them .001 or .002 the amount of force will be minimal.
Please read the instruction with the push through sizer die.
You will need to lube them or they will lead the die.
My 6 banger cast .453 and .454 boolits. Thes are sized to .452 with one hand with ease.
Enjoy
Arthur

bohokii
07-31-2009, 07:41 PM
i whang my boolits through a lee sizer die i must have done about 2k of 9mm that drop at .357 and i shrinkem too .356 with no lube and they all come out .3555 day one too now no problems i dont want to have to tuble lube twice