PDA

View Full Version : Lubrisizing + LLA

skeet1
07-30-2009, 10:13 PM
Has anyone else used a standard lubrisizer and regular stick lube and afterward tumble with LLA? I have been toying with it in my 303 British with 314299. Because of the long bore riding nose I would get a little lead on the tops of the lands, at least that is what it looked like, so I started tumble lubing as well and now all I have to do is use an oily patch and it's clean.

Skeet1

looseprojectile
07-31-2009, 12:02 AM
I have used the lubersizer to seat the checks and size the boolits and also have lubed the boolits at the same time. A coat of LLA on top helps.
My method now is to seat the checks in the Lee push through and tumblelube and dry them with a heat gun and then add a coat of Rooster Jacket and heat again. Or just tumble them with paste wax after the LLA.
If I lube them in the lubersizer first the lube runs off when I heat them to dry. LLA doesn't run off. Been having real good results with boolits up to 2400 fps in the .308. A friend in Idaho has been getting less than one inch groups at a hundred yards using this method in a Winchester model 88 .308, no leading. Use starting loads for jacketed bullets with medium burning rate powders.
It's been too hot to shoot here for the last week. I am hoping for some relief starting tomorrow, sposed to be less than 90 degrees.[smilie=w:

Life is good

Lloyd Smale
07-31-2009, 05:40 AM
I do it when im really pushing cast in a rifle. Last year i fooled with the 3030 pushing 120 lfns out of a 32 mag mold and szied to 310 out of a tc carbine at about 2500 fps. I got just a small ammount of leading just lubesizing and using conventional lube so i tumble lubed them too and it did seem to help. Fun shoot rocks with them as they really smack a rock!

Salmon-boy
07-31-2009, 06:15 PM
Lloyd, shootin' rocks? You're a nutcase! I like it!

Good thing we don't live near each other, we'd get in trouble!