PDA

View Full Version : Items you would like to see made commercially?

cabezaverde
07-29-2009, 09:04 AM
I sometimes think of things that would be great to be able to pick up on a commercial basis.

Such as:

A die that could be screwed into a press to use H&I sizers as push through sizers. Essentially an adapter.

What are your ideas?

JSH
07-29-2009, 06:09 PM
I will second what you mentioned above. But, with the addition of it with some kind of stop and a return for nose sizing.
jeff

357maximum
07-29-2009, 07:54 PM
Something like this:

This was a spare .358 lee sizer that a very generous soul opened up for me. I can do exactly what you seek with it.

cabezaverde
07-29-2009, 09:40 PM
Dean Grinnell (sp?) used to make a lot of neat gizmos.

Lloyd Smale
07-30-2009, 06:57 AM
A good reliable primer tube filler at a resonable price. The frankfort arsonal one was fine but is discontinued and the dillon is over priced and not reliable enough.

Lloyd Smale
07-30-2009, 06:58 AM
Id also like to see a battery powered hand press.

montana_charlie
07-30-2009, 12:06 PM
Id also like to see a battery powered hand press.
Couldn't you just get a neighbor to drive over your hand with his electric car?
CM

1hole
08-02-2009, 06:42 PM
Primers. Maybe some powder too.

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
08-02-2009, 06:55 PM
A good reliable primer tube filler at a resonable price. The frankfort arsonal one was fine but is discontinued and the dillon is over priced and not reliable enough.

How about a product improved version of the Frankfurt Arsenal one? I had one I gave away that I had tuned up and worked great, figuring to get another, then found out they were no longer available.

Those things were handy, once the plastic molding was polished up a bit.

A slightly better made version would be fantastic.

Regards,

Dave

August
08-02-2009, 08:02 PM
Primers. Maybe some powder too.

I don't care what you say, that, there is funny!!! (and, painfully true)

targetshootr
08-02-2009, 08:09 PM
I'd like primers to come in a long stick instead of a flat tray so I could drop them straight into the tube. That would be a real time saver.

Lloyd Smale
08-03-2009, 06:35 AM
that would sure be cool! but i doubt if in these sue happy days that the manufactures would take a chance on a string of primers detonating in shipment.
I'd like primers to come in a long stick instead of a flat tray so I could drop them straight into the tube. That would be a real time saver.

Lloyd Smale
08-03-2009, 06:43 AM
Here is a message i sent to hornady. There dillons biggest compeditor and maybe if enough of you sent them a simualar message they would consider making one

Why dont you guys design us a primer tube filler simualar to what the frankfort arsonal one was. they discontinued that and the only option left is the dillon and its very expensive and works like crap. I think there would be a definate market for an improved version of the frankfort arsonal unit at a price under a 100 bucks. Id buy thee first two!!

Bailey Boat
08-04-2009, 04:30 PM
Hi guys, a new poster and member here, but I'm also an inventor and fabricator. If one of you generous souls would be willing to send me one of the Frankfort tubes in question for examination (I promise return) maybe I can be of assistance and make a replacement unit.

Though I'm new here I post all too frequently on other gun related forums so It's not like I just fell from the sky.... :-D

JSH
08-04-2009, 06:27 PM
Let me restate my thoughts on a nose sizer die.
Maybe a die that would go into your lyman or RCBS lube sizer, that would accept the neck sizer bushings that are ever so popular. This would be for nose sizing a bore rider only. Just a die body with some way to hold the button.
If I new more than enough to be dangerous ona lathe and mill i would have already tackled this.
Jeff

Lloyd Smale
08-04-2009, 07:09 PM
pm me your address and ill get on out to you if you dont keep it more then a couple weeks. I can fill a pile of tubes that will get me by till then.
Hi guys, a new poster and member here, but I'm also an inventor and fabricator. If one of you generous souls would be willing to send me one of the Frankfort tubes in question for examination (I promise return) maybe I can be of assistance and make a replacement unit.

Though I'm new here I post all too frequently on other gun related forums so It's not like I just fell from the sky.... :-D

Bailey Boat
08-05-2009, 12:11 AM
Lloyd, PM sent with a ton of questions attached......

jmorris
08-05-2009, 12:55 AM
BB,

They want this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joLPd2MQJME but already put together in one unit for under $50 out the door. The FA unit was under $30 (dealer) but the demand is there now they have been off the market for a while.

Lloyd Smale
08-05-2009, 06:26 AM
it will go out in the mail today.

Bailey Boat
08-05-2009, 04:49 PM
BB,

They want this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joLPd2MQJME but already put together in one unit for under $50 out the door. The FA unit was under $30 (dealer) but the demand is there now they have been off the market for a while.

How does he handle having a "personal device" in his shop???? Must be lot's of questions when buddies drop by... [smilie=1: [smilie=1: If that's all we're after it shouldn't be that difficult to come up with a suitable replacement. What is there that seems to go wrong with the units you already have???? Maybe a repair would suffice instead of reinventing the wheel?????

Lloyd; thanks, I'll be on the lookout for it and get it turned around ASAP. Thank you for exhibiting that much trust in a new member..... This seems like a place I might want to hang around a little..... :drinks:

A thought has crossed my mind about this, are all primer tubes (the ones that would be filled from the tray) pretty much the same????? In other words, if I made a unit to fit an RCBS tube would a Dillon/Pacific, Lee, etc, etc tube fit as well????? My Pro 2000 uses APS strips and when I use my Rockchucker I hand prime so I haven't primed with a tube in ages.......

nicholst55
08-05-2009, 05:12 PM
I'd like to see a Lee collet sizing die for the 7.62X54R cartridge as a regular production item, rather than a custom order item. I think Lee would sell a bunch of them.

On a slightly different note, I'd like to see someone offer up new production #3 bolt heads for the No. 4 Lee Enfield rifle, at a price that was significantly less than the cost of the entire rifle. In other words, for $50, tops.

Bailey Boat
08-07-2009, 04:05 PM
Any more ideas along these lines?????

Bailey Boat
08-08-2009, 06:30 PM
Lloyd, it arrived today and I have a thousand questions (not really that many) if you would PM me a number so we could talk sometime.

deltaenterprizes
08-09-2009, 10:57 AM
that would sure be cool! but i doubt if in these sue happy days that the manufactures would take a chance on a string of primers detonating in shipment.

That is why Federal primers come in such a large box there was a large explosion at the factory in the late 80s early 90s.

waksupi
08-09-2009, 02:49 PM
That is why Federal primers come in such a large box there was a large explosion at the factory in the late 80s early 90s.

I don't believe that is it. Federal primers were coming in the big boxes before the late 80's.

jsizemore
08-14-2009, 04:59 PM
Woman with a mute switch and cab fare! :drinks:

SWIAFB
08-14-2009, 05:33 PM

+1 Mute switch, and what did I just say? What part of my sentence did you not understand ? I speak English, she hears what-ever. But I love her all the same.

Bailey Boat
08-14-2009, 05:48 PM

Be careful what you wish for, you MIGHT get it if "she" reads this...... Imagine being around "her" and she doesn't say another word to you for a whole year..... It would be mighty cold in your household........ Cab fare is the least of your worries.... :mrgreen:

jsizemore
08-15-2009, 12:57 AM
I ain't worried about what's her name. :-D

machinisttx
08-20-2009, 01:30 AM
Be careful what you wish for, you MIGHT get it if "she" reads this...... Imagine being around "her" and she doesn't say another word to you for a whole year..... It would be mighty cold in your household........ Cab fare is the least of your worries.... :mrgreen:

Somewhat unrelated: My uncle was a state legislator here in TX. His wife agitated him once, and he actually did not speak to her for an entire year. From what I've heard from family, he was a contrary old fart.

I'm going to second the primer suggestion.

hobbylink1
08-20-2009, 01:09 PM

Me Too!:drinks:

georgeld
08-23-2009, 03:06 AM
Don't know how many other's use Lee's pins & gage's to trim brass. but, they don't make a handle to fit the stud in you can use to hold the case when slipping it up on the pin/cutter when spinning it in a drill press the way I do it.

Made one of: 1/2"x4" sq tube. Notched half inch of the center web out from one end. Cut the side off, dropped it down and welded it to the bottom half. Drilled a 1/4" hole. Stuck the stud thru that and tack welded it to the handle.

Sure works slick and I've run over 400 case's an hour one step at a time.
I have pics of it that can be e'mailed. Not sure about posting them here, haven't learned that part yet.