PDA

View Full Version : Marbles tang & hadley eyecup?

6.5 mike
07-26-2009, 02:56 PM
How well will a hadley eyecup work on a marbles tang site? Also how much do you gain with the adjustable apature as far as changing light conditions? I've never tried one of these so any help would be great. This is for a krag hiwall.

longhorn
07-26-2009, 10:33 PM
I find the Hadley extremely effective for sharpening up the front sight (and making the target a bit more definable at silhouette ranges). Didn't know you could get one for a Marble's.

Pepe Ray
07-27-2009, 12:01 AM
Are you guys confusing this Hadleys with the Merit adjustable target aperture disk?
The Merit comes in two different thread sizes.
Pepe Ray

cajun shooter
07-27-2009, 09:51 AM
I think the Merit will fit. Check out Buffalo arms. They have a friendly staff that will answer your question. Just make sure you ask for some one who knows about the sight.

6.5 mike
07-27-2009, 02:19 PM
Buffalo's site shows a 10-32 thread site will fit the marbles as well as some others, that's what made me ask. Have to check mine when I get home.
If this sharpens the site picture, it's just what I need. Getting the right eye fixed in early sept, hard to get a good site with cararct in right eye & right handed.
This will be the hiwalls first trip with cast & a lee shaver front globe with level. I'm still figuring this type site out. I know , a circle, in a circle, in a circle. thanks to all.

Jon K
07-27-2009, 04:35 PM
The Hadley eyecup, Merit adjustable, MVA, and other eyepieces are available with 10-32 tpi. Best to know which thread pitch, your sight has before purchasing an adjustble eyecup.
These are the ones I know:
Marbles, Baldwin, Shaver= 10-32 tpi
Lyman, Williams=7/32-40

You'll find as the light changes, you can use different aperture size..........mainly- bright light= smaller aperture/ low light = larger aperture.

Jon

EDK
07-30-2009, 07:40 PM
The various HADLEYS are somewhat oversized for a MARBLES tang sight. I have a MVA version on one of their tang sights on my 50/90 SHILOH SHARPS.

Take a look at the MERIT hunting size adjustable aperture disc...I've been wanting to get one for some time. BROWNELLS has them...maybe MIDWAY, etc also?

:Fire::cbpour::redneck: