PDA

View Full Version : 1920 Commercial Luger 30 Luger

StarMetal
07-26-2009, 02:32 PM
I recently rebarreld my 1920 Commercial Luger in 30 Luger from a 3 5/8 inch barrel to a 6 inch barrel. Here's a picture of a block of wood I shot at a hair over 50 yards three times. If you look close enough you will see that it's a hair under a 3/4 inch group. Winchester brass, 4.3 grs of Univeral powder, my own made 100 gr TC nose bullet and my lube.

Joe
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg51/starmetal47/LugerGroup.jpg

Freischütz
07-26-2009, 10:11 PM
Hello - I'm not surprised by the nice group. Lugers are known for their accuracy. My 7.65 Par (and others I've seen) consistently produce very tight groups.

In addition to accuracy, my P.08 is one of the most reliable pistols I've ever owned. However, that remark only applies to 7.65s. I've had lots of problems with 9 mm.

For general shooting I use 4.5 gr of Unique and NEI 308.80.GC. The bullet + gas check weighs about 94 gr when cast with wheelweights.

StarMetal
07-26-2009, 11:45 PM
Hello - I'm not surprised by the nice group. Lugers are known for their accuracy. My 7.65 Par (and others I've seen) consistently produce very tight groups.

In addition to accuracy, my P.08 is one of the most reliable pistols I've ever owned. However, that remark only applies to 7.65s. I've had lots of problems with 9 mm.

For general shooting I use 4.5 gr of Unique and NEI 308.80.GC. The bullet + gas check weighs about 94 gr when cast with wheelweights.

Well I've had this 7.65 give me problems. First it went full auto. I replaced the disconnect plunger and changed the angle on the the trigger tranfer bar, the part that pressed on the sear bar, to correct that. Then the little retaing nub broke off the firing pins spring guide. I mig welded that till I got the new one I ordered. Put the new one it and it didn't break the nub, it broke piece of the rear of the breech block. Mig welded that up and all is fine now. I think the Germans made a good move to the P38 in WWII, but I do love my Luger.

Joe