PDA

View Full Version : echo reloaders

pjvanella
07-21-2009, 12:45 PM
Hello I am new to this board as well as reloading metalics. I am interested in any info I can get my hands on regarding an ECHO press, It has a B casting on the upper arm. An old friend of mine donated it to me, and I did have to replace a pin, and a couple of set scews, but other than that it seems pretty solid, no slop or play. I have heard this is an OLD pre RCBS press, comparable to the original RCBS JR, also heard that RCBS still manufactures rams and some parts for it. Does anyone still use one of these? Any info or .... would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

mpmarty
07-21-2009, 01:30 PM
Welcome to the gang PJ.
Sorry I don't know anything about the ECHO press. If it has a 7/8 X 14 threaded hole and lines up properly I wouldn't worry about parts for it as you may never need any.

scrapcan
07-21-2009, 01:49 PM
PJ send an pm to Pressman and let him know this thread is up. he willmost likely be able to help out.

runfiverun
07-21-2009, 10:16 PM
i have one of their c-type presses with the screw ON type shell holder.
these things are massivevly built.
would like to find a few more shell holders.

pjvanella
07-22-2009, 09:56 AM
Update. Last night I installed several 'missing' set screws, and a roll pin to connect ram to handle. Did a little cleanup with 1000 grit sand paper. And all said and done the press seams quite capable. I was lucky the donor of the press already had a ram that had a universal connector for the shell holder that seams to work just fine with the RCBS holders. So as far as the press goes I am very happy. Need to see if I can get, build or ... a primer installer/seater for it. Does anyone know if RCBS would fit?

Pepe Ray
07-22-2009, 12:06 PM
PJ
I wouldn't worry too much about rigging it to seat primers.
As long as you use a single stage press you'll probably (eventually) move to the Lee priming system. It is FAR safer, faster and easier than ANY system workable on a SS press. In 47 years of reloading ammo I've NEVER primed a case on a press. I moved from a Lyman 310 tong tool to the Lee system directly.
Pepe Ray

Leftoverdj
07-22-2009, 12:50 PM
i have one of their c-type presses with the screw ON type shell holder.
these things are massivevly built.
would like to find a few more shell holders.

CH/4D sells both what they claim to be a universal ram and an adapter to allow the older presses to use snap in shell holders. Prices are reasonable.