PDA

View Full Version : RCBS bullet seating die?

exile
07-20-2009, 07:49 AM
I have a box of Speer 165 grain FMJ 40 S & W bullets that will not seat properly using my Lee dies. Bought them a few years ago when getting into reloading, before I read the disclaimer on Lee die sets which stated that Speer bullets will not work in Lee dies. (Tried six, they required a ton of force to seat and shaved bullet jacket off the bullet, although they did feed, fire and eject fine.) Last night I was wondering if I could buy the RCBS bullet seating die separately? I know, it is a lot of trouble for 100 rounds, but with the price of components these days, I hate to waste the bullets.

exile

cabezaverde
07-20-2009, 08:40 AM
I don't have a die to lend you (don't do 40), but I bet someone on this board does.

Gary51
07-20-2009, 03:00 PM
RCBS sells the seating die all by its lonesome, but at the price of the thing you might want to consider the whole set.

oneokie
07-20-2009, 03:25 PM
If the nose profile on the Speer bullets will not correctly fit the seating plunger in the Lee dies, use some hot melt glue, or epoxy to custom fit the two. Use some type of release agent if you try either one of these products. Don't ask.