PDA

View Full Version : 1922 FN Browning

jim4065
07-18-2009, 10:33 PM
I bought one of those "military" type leather holsters with a flap and compartment for an extra magazine. You know the type: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=130317015413

Anyway, it will hold an Ortgies, but there's about an extra inch of "Barrel Room" inside it. I really think it's for an FN 1922. So, putting the cart before the the horse, I'm thinking about selling one or two Ortgies to get an FN to fit the holster. It's important to be properly dressed in case I have to impersonate a 1920's Serbo-Croatian police officer. [smilie=1:

Question - is the 1922 FN any good? Can you usually find extra magazines at a decent price? I bought a couple of Wolff Spring Kits for the Ortgies, just to have "in case", but can't find 'em for the FN. Are parts hard to find for an FN?

Bodydoc447
07-21-2009, 05:09 PM
Jim,

I have a couple different 1922 pistols. There are a lot of fun to play with and reasonably priced, or at least they used to be when I bought mine. I am really beginning to fully appreciate the .32 ACP as a good plinking cartridge. Lots of fun, plenty of bang and easy on the lead pot and powder can. Have fun with it!

Doc

MtGun44
07-21-2009, 09:24 PM
I fired a friend's .380 which I believe was a FN 1922, but I am way not an
expert on these pocket pistols. However, it was very accurate with factory ammo.

Bill