PDA

View Full Version : Dillon is sure a GREAT company!

Lloyd Smale
07-18-2009, 06:11 AM
Thanks to some prodding for a few guys here and a phone call to dillon I came home last night and there was a box with a brand new dillon 550 complete with a 357 conversion and a strong mount sitting on the porch! What other company on earth would stand behind there products like that. For those that dont know the whole story i lost a 550 and 5 square deals in a fire recently. Dillons no bs warantee is just that!!

captaint
07-18-2009, 07:27 AM
Well now Lloyd, that's above & beyond, no??. Tell you what - if I ever decide to get a progressive, it will certainly be a Dillon. What a company!!! Good to hear you back on a roll.
enjoy Mike

Salmon-boy
07-18-2009, 09:16 AM
Ok, Now THAT's what I call a warranty!!!!

For that alone, I will probably get one when I need to replace my current Lee Pro 1000's.

crabo
07-18-2009, 09:31 AM
How about the Square Deals?

Lloyd Smale
07-18-2009, 12:00 PM
they said they couldnt replace all of them and i surely understand. They said that if my contents was more then the insurance would pay they would replace one of my choise. I think that was more then generous of them as a matter of fact i think that was amazing of them. Try having a fire and losing one of your cars or motorcyles and asking a dealer for a free one!

JDFuchs
07-18-2009, 12:11 PM
o.O wow im rather impressed with them. Been considering replacing my Red projector press with there LNL press to get out some of the pull my hair out frustrations i have with this used press. But your having me think of the 550 again. Dont like the cost of the conversion kits is my bigest thing, when i already have die sets in all the claibers i need =/

Recluse
07-18-2009, 12:36 PM
I've been tough on Dillon in years past as I have a "love/hate" relationship with them.

I love the quality, the toughness and the warranty, but I HATE the smugness, arrogance and "everyone else is crap" attitude that eminates from a handful of their staff.

As I personally told Mike Dillon one time many years ago, "People will remember and talk about their one bad experience from an ---hole cop forever regardless of how many good experiences they might have had with good cops."

Dillon is a lot like that. The two times in the past thirty years that I've had bad conversations with two of their ---hole reps on the phone that ran down every brand of equipment I have (other than Dillon, naturally) is still what I remember most.

But with that aside, I still have nothing but admiration for Dillon. They produce fine equipment and they do strive to take excellent care of their customers. Lloyd's experience is one more example of that.

:coffee:

runfiverun
07-18-2009, 10:21 PM
jd you can use regular dies in the 550 just fine.
as a matter of fact i use lee carbide sizers and a mix of everybody elses for the seating and crimping.
once in a while i have to give a case an little tilt to get it into the sizer but for the price i can live with it.
i also mix and match their shell plates and powder funells to make other sets up.
for instance i flip my 45 colt shell plate over for the 45 auto-rim cases.
and use[iirc] a 9mm plate for my 25-20 with a 30 carbine powder funell it flairs the cases just fine.
my 45 acp plate for my 308's for my m-14 etc....