PDA

View Full Version : Question about loads

trampush
07-17-2009, 07:25 AM
Ok, I am new to reloading, learned about it on Youtube, talking to a guy for an hour and reading books (ABC's of Reloading, and Hornady were my first two now I have 9 and Lymans is my favorite). I have the cast bullet handbook from Lyman and it tells how to make #2 Alloy so I followed instructions and made some from wheel weights and 50/50 tin lead. Have had a blast so far but haven't used any of the bullets yet, I reload for 44mag, 9mm, 45acp, 45lc, 223, 7.62x39, 460S&W. All my loads have been with purchased bullets either cast (oregon trail) or not. Now here is my question, I have Lee 6-Cavity Bullet Mold 430-310-RF my boolits are coming out at about 300gr on average. Is there a place on here that will direct me on how to adjust the loads? Or do I need to adjust the alloy, I pour for 44mag ruger vaquero and 357 taurus 617 7 shot (my favorite gun to shoot ever). I have a couple hundred pounds of Wheel Weights in Ingots that I have been melting, its 100 degrees in GA with about 99 percent humidity and I can't stop it is so much fun but I really want to shoot my own boolits!!

Bret4207
07-17-2009, 08:12 AM
Use the 310 data and start low. You'll never hit a mould throwing EXACTLY the advertised weight. Use data for that or a similar boolit and work up. Don;t worry about velocity, go for accuracy and a clean barrel.

BOOM BOOM
07-17-2009, 08:34 PM
HI,
Brett has it correct, I'm just lucky as my guns seem to shoot tighter loaded hot.:Fire: