PDA

View Full Version : Scope rings w/ iron sights

mtnman31
07-16-2009, 01:19 PM
A while back I bid on a revolver that had some nice looking scope rings, I didn't win and since then I have been trying to find some similar rings. They looked like standard pistol scope rings but had traditional iron sights milled onto the top of the rings (adjustable rear sight). I'd like to buy some and try them out but can't find them. I've looked high and low with no luck. Anyone know who makes something like this or have any personal experience with them? I realize one of the cons is that they will have a much shorter sight radius than the standard sights but, pracatice makes perfect. Thanks

9.3X62AL
07-16-2009, 03:31 PM
IIRC, Millett once made such devices. I just looked at their website, and didn't see such an item listed. You might try a phone call to that company and see what's up.

www.millettsights.com

Dale53
07-16-2009, 04:25 PM
I had my Smith and Wesson Model 29 (8 3/8" barrel) set up with a Leupold Scope between the original sights. I bought a length of Warne base material and had bases machined to fit on the rib of the original barrel. Warne makes VERY nice quick detachable rings (no loss of zero when removing and replacing the scope) and the original iron sights are pre-zeroed and just waiting for the scope to be removed (lever operated).

For me, at least, this was the absolute best way to do this. It has been proven in the field, to the extent, that several of my friends now have the same set up.

http://www.warnescopemounts.com/quick_detach.html

FWIW
Dale53