PDA

View Full Version : Cimmarron High Wall

Dragoon 45
07-15-2009, 11:33 PM
Does anyone know if a single set trigger is available that will drop into the Cimmarron High Wall?

Thank You.

BPCR Bill
07-16-2009, 11:29 AM
I believe you will have to send it off somewhere to get that done. Some folks I shoot with in Montana sent one of their Cimmaron / Uberti Highwalls of to Lee Shaver and had it done. They were pleased with the results. If you want, you can go to search for VTI Gun Parts in Connecticut. They import parts for all the Italian made guns and they list a DST kit for both the pistol grip and straight grip models, cost is $325.00. They are finished and color cased, but according to them it will need fitting. I'm toying with the idea of doing just that.

Regards,
Bill

looseprojectile
07-16-2009, 12:15 PM
Welcome to Cast Boolits;
The guy I got my Cimarron high wall from used a double set trigger from an original Winchester. He was told it wouldn't fit, dropped right in. Of course I did not get it with my rifle. This would tend to make me think he got his information from someone who has not been there and done that. I know that the Cimarron had an option for a DST for extra money, though I don't know if they are available aftermarket.
I was able to regulate my stock trigger with a little stoning and spring adjustment to just a little over two pounds, and crisp.
If you can find someone that is good with adjusting triggers it might be worth it to pay to have this done. I am happy with the way mine turned out.
Probably out of the question to expect to find an original, costwise.

Life is good