PDA

View Full Version : LEE Load-All help...

lead-1
07-14-2009, 05:07 AM
I know this isn't a casting question but here goes,
I have a friend who has a Lee Load-All in 20 ga. and wants to start loading with it but I think it might be missing a part or two. This is the older one that was made in the 1980's and I think that there is a steel resizer ring missing and maybe a spring loaded disc that goes in the primer seating hole. I have searched over and over on the web but the only one that I can verify those parts is the 12 ga. model and LEE must be busy as I haven't been able to get thru to them so I thought I would hit up you fine folks here. I think that the Load-All 2 were made after 1990 and the base is different, at least on the 12 ga. model.

If anyone has an older press that could verify if the 20 ga. model takes these parts or not I would appreciate it.

diehard
07-14-2009, 09:32 AM
I just bought the 20 ga resizer ring from MidwayUSA for less than $4. I suspect the other parts are there too. Lee precision had the parts I wanted for about a $1 more, and a 4 week shipping time.

It seems likely to me that most of the newer parts you mentioned will fit the older model.

http://www.midwayusa.com/Search/Default.aspx#lee%20load%20all____-_1-2-4_8-16-32

http://www.leeprecision.com/cgi/catalog/parts.cgi?1247578177.1179=90012

mtgrs737
07-14-2009, 11:05 AM
You are correct about the sizer ring and the plastic disc and spring. I too think that you can get them at Midway or directly form Lee, I just ordered a few parts from Lee and got them in less than a week. If you are reloading long/high brass shells I recomend that you use a case lube on the brass so it resizes easier, I know it is an extra step but it makes it easier on the press and you. Hornady Unique gets a lot of use on my bench, and it has the added benefit of being non-toxic. Good luck!

lead-1
07-14-2009, 05:46 PM
Thanks guys, a friend has his daughter shooting and is wanting to put this thing to use after having it for 20+ years and never using it. I've been having trouble getting thru to LEE so I will check on Midway's site.

lifeon2
07-14-2009, 08:01 PM
I actually just ordered those exact parts for my load all in 12 gauge I think it was around 6 bucks or so from lee

diehard
07-14-2009, 08:39 PM
The parts do seem to be cheaper on Midway, but remember they have a minimum shipping charge, and a handling charge for orders under a certain amount.

You can order from Lee with your credit card just like at Midway without ever having to "get thru" to anyone there. The only reason I didn't is because they had a notice saying they were running about four weeks for shipping. I'm too impatient for that.

Good luck. I'm sure you will find what you need.