PDA

View Full Version : Hey Throckmorton

tommag
03-22-2006, 12:06 AM
I saw your post to Nyack Kid and am curious about the Ranier range. Could you fill me in? I am a member of Clark Rifles, but it is a 1 1/2 hr drive.

Throckmorton
03-22-2006, 12:38 PM
The range is mainly a trap club,BUT they do have a covered,kinda smallish,rifle and pistol range.Nice benches to sit at and lots of table room to lay your gear out.
Because of a 'neighbor situation', they are only open wed thru saturday.Also one sunday per month,usually the third sunday.
The rifle range is down the hill and just below the trap range,so it trap is being shot,the rifle range is off limits.Very seldom does this happen.
IIRC it's only 20 bucks a year to join.You just open the locked gate and drive on down the hill.
The range is almost directly across the street from the Ranier high school.I go up the big hill out of Ranier,turn left at the top,and turn left again at the 4 way stop.

I joined by contacting the club secretary; Steve Christopherson 503-556-3949.

I hear ya on that long drive situation.My 'home club' is Wolverton Mt.,about 1/2 hour East of Woodland.Quite a hike from Scappoose.
Hope to see ya there sometime.

carpetman
03-22-2006, 04:41 PM
Throckmorton---You mentioned Wolverton Mtn. Do you know a guy named Clipton Clower?(spelling????)

Throckmorton
03-23-2006, 12:41 AM
I can hum he song too!! :)

My singing has been kown to clear belfreys of bats. LOL

carpetman
03-23-2006, 12:57 AM
Throckmorton---I heard someplace he is mighty handy with a gun and a knife.