PDA

View Full Version : sks gernade launcher

wittenjr
07-12-2009, 07:17 PM
how do you remove laucher,tryed removing pin but can not remove it any one have any have any helping words,thanks jim p. s. Yougo

RU shooter
07-12-2009, 07:43 PM
Left hand thread I do believe If that helps. The one I had was tight but nothing major.

Tim

StarMetal
07-12-2009, 08:26 PM
They are not left hand threads. I removed mine and they are very very difficult to remove. Some people, on other forums, will tell you that they are only pinned and still others say they are welded or silver soldered. Neither is true. Since I wasn't going to save mine I put the barrel in a barrel vise and and used a big pipe wrench while heating the grenade launcher attachment. Spun right off. I ended up utilizing the removed item in part of a die to make 45 caliber aluminum gas checks for one of the members on this forum. That steel is very hard.

Joe

leadman
07-13-2009, 12:29 AM
I had a Yugo awhile back that I took the grenade launcher off. The pin was difficult to get out, but after a little persuasion the GL screwed off.
Remember, this is a curio & relic firearm and you need to do certain things when you start modifying it to keep it legal.

Bret4207
07-13-2009, 08:45 AM
The Yugo is right hand thread and pinned. Heat will help.

WILCO
07-13-2009, 09:06 AM
how do you remove laucher......

Here Dude,

Check this out:

http://www.surplusrifle.com/sks/grenadesightremoval/pdf/grenadesightshs.pdf

Real simple to do.