PDA

View Full Version : Have I missed anything ?

6.5 mike
07-12-2009, 07:02 PM
Getting ready to take my hi-wall to the range when I get back from the boat next time.
I've neck sized the cases from the 1st firing, de-burred the flash holes, tumbled twice( before & after sizing), cci 200 primers, all weighed charges, lee 185s lubed twice sized to .309, & seated to engrave the rifleings.
The barrel slugs .301/.307 & is clean. I didn't weight sort the boolits, but my mold drops a grain different at the most. and the brass is from the same lot.
Loaded 20 at 16 grs 2400, 15 at 17 grs, & 15 at 18 grs. Looking for a consistent load & good grouping. I just put a lee shaver front globe on & am still learning how to use this type site. It has a marbles rear tang.
This is the 30-40 krag I got from recently from a forum member. Any thoughs or advice will be a big help.
This one still turns heads at the range I go to.
BTW going to take the o3a3 also, I want to see if they are as much fun as ya'll say.

Buckshot
07-13-2009, 03:31 AM
............Lessee. Case, check. Primer, check. Powder, check. Boolit, check. Sounds as if you're ready to set sail :-)

..............Buckshot

WILCO
07-13-2009, 08:32 AM
............Lessee. Case, check. Primer, check. Powder, check. Boolit, check. Sounds as if you're ready to set sail :-)

Yep. Looks as though you've got everything in order. Have fun and let us know how it shoots. :Fire:

6.5 mike
07-13-2009, 07:11 PM
Thanks guys, I wasn't sure if there was some other magic thing I might have missed. I'll do the weigh thing after I get a speed figured that the rifle likes. The lee 185s are the best choice I have right now cuz the lee 200 mold I just got drops small on the nose. go figure. I'll have to beagle it to make it work in anything I have. O well, a new thing to learn.
Wilco, where did you find your avatir ? That's enough to make me switch to stogeys HaHa.
Worst part of this is I wo'nt get to shoot until the 30th after I get back. I like the week off, but the 2 weeks on are getting real, real old. Ya'll take care & keep them in the black.