PDA

View Full Version : Versatile Glock

StarMetal
07-11-2009, 01:29 PM
I have a Glock 21 in 45 acp of course...and...and...well...gulp...I made it into a 7.62x25 Tokarev. I can blame Allen for this because it got me on the small bore pistol craze. Way back I made a barrel for a 1911 Colt in 30 Luger by lining a match 45 acp barrel. I believe, if I'm correct, the 30 Luger originaled with a 9.5 twist. I used a Remington 30-06 barrel for my project, which has a 10 twist. I had some barrel left over so I made a barrel insert that slides right into my Glock barrel. It protrudes about 1.5 inches and I threaded it, then made a locking nut for the end. I just tested it out with some foreign commercial jacketed ammo. Not the surplus stuff. Some notes. I chose the Glock because it has a very small kind of rectangular firing pin tip. It worked great. I left the unloaded magazine in the pistol to see if it would evey cycle and lock back. It did without hesitation. Now here's an interesting note. The darn thing even ejected and tossed the casings out!!! I wouldn't thing being a 45 acp it would catch the rim on the much smaller Tokarev in both extraction and ejection but it does. Gee, sure be nice if I could come up with a magazine that will feed them. Right not it's single shot and in my test firings I fired a 2 inch group at 25 yards right off the bat. I can't wait to try it with better cast loads. I'm thinking of putting a legal silencer on it since it's threaded.

Joe

Catshooter
07-11-2009, 10:57 PM
That's a wild one Joe.

Would a Glock 20 hold the rounds? Probably not, but you might try?

Have fun!

Cat

StarMetal
07-11-2009, 11:11 PM
That's a wild one Joe.

Would a Glock 20 hold the rounds? Probably not, but you might try?

Have fun!

Cat

My 21 holds 13 rounds of 45acp, so it think it's highly possible that it would hold 20 easy. Too bad the mags are plastic, I could possibly have bent the lips one and tried it. I'd like to get my hands on a 10mm Glock magazine.

I did take it out this evening with some cast bullets. They were the lighter weight ones I don't normally use in the Tokarev or even the 30 Luger, but all I had cast up. They done very well. They did beat that jacketed group. Interesting they shoot right on the bull horizontally, but just a inch or so to the left. Definitely tunable.

Joe

Four Fingers of Death
07-12-2009, 04:30 AM
You got wayyyyyyyyyyy too much time on your hands and you need to get out more :D

Catshooter
07-12-2009, 06:55 PM
Joe,

That's what I meant, a Glock 20 magazine. Sorry for not being clear enough.

Cat

StarMetal
07-12-2009, 08:16 PM
You got wayyyyyyyyyyy too much time on your hands and you need to get out more :D

Mate, you got that right....I do...retirement ya know. :drinks:

Joe

StarMetal
07-12-2009, 08:19 PM
Joe,

That's what I meant, a Glock 20 magazine. Sorry for not being clear enough.

Cat

Cat, No problem....I go brain dead sometimes like everyone else in the world.

You know that Tokarev round is longer then what it appears. You look at a magaize out of a Tokarev pistol and it looks like one for 1911 except thinner.

Joe

9.3X62AL
07-12-2009, 08:27 PM
True dat--1.370" or thereabouts.

Joe--that is what retirement is about, getting done all those things that work interfered with.

StarMetal
07-12-2009, 08:58 PM
True dat--1.370" or thereabouts.

Joe--that is what retirement is about, getting done all those things that work interfered with.

Boy isn't that the truth Al. Now I wish I'd bought better toys to play with for retirement like a bigger better lathe and a milling machine. Now if I had those you know I'd need a license plate stamping machine training because don't know know I'd get into trouble with them....know what I mean? [smilie=1:

Joe