PDA

View Full Version : Lube and Saeco

weasel 21
03-21-2006, 08:56 AM
I have an old saeco and when I lube and size bullets It sizes perfect; the lube doesnt fill up the grooves. I know I have enough pressure as the lube is coming out the bottom of the die. Im new to this and any help would be appreciated. BTW Im using saeco gold bullet lube and I dont have a heater.

BABore
03-21-2006, 09:31 AM
Assuming your lube is soft enough and you have enough pressure, you can check a couple of other things. Is the die new or used? An old die make have a hard lube plugging the holes. The other think to check is the threaded stop that controls how far the bullet enters the die. It may be set too shallow so the die lube holes never see a lube groove. The last thing, (this is really dumb, but I got to ask) do you have the GC swing arm out of the way?:-D

454PB
03-21-2006, 02:00 PM
I've been playing with my new Star sizer, which I understand is very similar to the Saeco. I'd agree with BABore, the nose punch setting is critical in getting full lube grooves. You can easily heat up the sizer for a test by using a hair blow dryer.

weasel 21
03-21-2006, 07:27 PM
The die is brand new.

454PB
03-21-2006, 11:08 PM
You don't say what boolit you are sizing. The key point here is that with the Star, the boolit has to stop at the correct point inside the die to receive the lube. If it is a little too high or low in the die, you end up with partially filled lube groove(s). You need to experiment to find the "sweet spot".

Blacktail 8541
03-22-2006, 01:45 AM
I have the sacoe luber and the sacoe gold lube and have the same problem.I think it is the lube is just a little to hard to flow properly. Add a little heat and the problem goes away. if you don't have a way to add heat just cycle the bullet thru twice without removeing it between cycles.

weasel 21
03-22-2006, 09:28 AM
Ive had to strike it twice whjch sometimes works. I added heat(blowdryer) and it worked a little better. I measured the bullet and the die to line them up. The problem seems to be having lube completely over the whole circumference and completely. I think I need to post a pic to illustrate(how do you do that?)

454PB
03-22-2006, 12:11 PM
Here is the FAQ link to posting pictures:

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/faq.php?faq=vb_read_and_post#faq_vb_attachment_exp lain

lovedogs
03-22-2006, 04:37 PM
Mine is a Saeco, also, and it will do the same thing if the adjustment on the bottom that adjusts the depth the bullet goes into the die is set wrong. Of course, as mentioned, your lube has to be warm enough to flow.