PDA

View Full Version : Primers a 3rd Time

putteral
07-08-2009, 10:34 AM
Just to let everyone know Powder valley is getting a shipment of Wolf Primers on July 15, accoring to their website and they are taking back orders. I just ordered 5k each of large and small pistol primers. When will they arrive is anybodys guess.
:drinks:

mike in co
07-08-2009, 11:07 AM
Just to let everyone know Powder valley is getting a shipment of Wolf Primers on July 15, accoring to their website and they are taking back orders. I just ordered 5k each of large and small pistol primers. When will they arrive is anybodys guess.
:drinks:

i hate to tell you this...you are probably 4-6 months back on thier list. they stopped taking orders at one point when they had back orders in excess of 50 million primers.

they got wolf primers in the end of may....they were gone so quick no one even noticed. it was aprox 1/4 of what they had on order.

mike in co

GabbyM
07-08-2009, 12:44 PM
Did you notice the note about 25% price increase. That puts Wolf abovce the cost of any US manufacturer!
These are Russian primers right?

You can backorder US made primers. Their is no shortage of primers in the country. Just to say it one more time. I'll bet their's more small arms ammo stored up in this nation than at any time since WWII.

JesterGrin_1
07-08-2009, 01:28 PM
This is what Powder Valley has to say about WOLF Primers. And note the part that if you did have primers on back order they will increase the price to the new price.

We are due to receive a primer shipment from Wolf on July 15. Wolf has provided us with a list of what items we will receive. Based on this information all customers who have a backorder dating June 30 or before should be shipped within one week of Powder Valley receiving the primers. Wolf had a 25% price increase on their primers. All primers will be shipped at the new price.

oldtoolsniper
07-08-2009, 02:18 PM
There are places around that they are starting to show up. I just picked up a new 550 at a shop in Minnesota and they have both large and small rifle sitting on the shelf.

http://www.ahlmans.com/

sheepdog
07-08-2009, 02:18 PM
Unless you need primers, as in totally out, hold tight. You're about 2 months from seeing them hit start flowing again.

inuhbad
07-09-2009, 05:23 PM
Midway got in a shipment of Small Rifle Primers in stock... They sold out COMPLETELY in under 3 MINUTES!!! :(

Lead Fred
07-09-2009, 06:25 PM
I use only CCI #34s and Federal Match. I bought a pile of others during the shortage and will be selling them off as soon as I see more of what I use on the shelves.

JesterGrin_1
07-09-2009, 07:10 PM
Why would you purchase primers that you do not need?

oldtoolsniper
07-09-2009, 07:42 PM
I for one would never buy primers or powder from an individual I did not personally know. A gun shop or reputable on line dealer is where I shop. I was at a gun show with a friend and he bought some primers and powder, when he got around to using them the primers looked like they had been swept up off the floor and the IMR 3031 was a mix of ball and extruded powder. We disposed of it all, lesson learned. That was a few years ago. I don’t even slow down to look at the stuff at gun shows. It is just not worth the risk. I won’t even go into the month I spent wondering if I would ever see again out of my right eye after trusting another person’s reloads resulted in a .270 filling half of my face full of steel and brass fragments. I knew him.

22lover
07-09-2009, 07:47 PM
I've had primers on order from MidSouth since early May. I don't expect to see any for a while yet.

Jim_Fleming
07-11-2009, 03:11 PM
The only weapon you and your friend would have at hand to combat something like this is to make it a point to remember that disreputable vendor, and the next time the vendor appeared at a gun show is to tell the gun show management what he did. However that being said, it's a shame you disposed of the evidence, it would've gone a long way towards improving your credibility against the vendor.

That's one weapon, but there's another now that I think about it... Word of mouth, to other potential customers of the vendor, and to other vendors at the show... Sooner or later, y'all'll could run him out of business. There is no more form of advertising more powerful than word of mouth.

I was at a gun show with a friend and he bought some primers and powder, when he got around to using them the primers looked like they had been swept up off the floor and the IMR 3031 was a mix of ball and extruded powder. We disposed of it all, lesson learned.