PDA

View Full Version : thumlers tumbler

JSH
07-06-2009, 10:13 AM
Did they go out of business? I searched all last night trying to find a replacement motor and no luck. Searched on V10 parts, no luck. I have two of these one is a couple of years old and the other I bought cheap but it was the older modle with a smaller motor. I had a couple of motors but the darn things are 12V, don't ya know.
Then I did a search on Fasco 7121-5777. Oh, yeah, sure. Must have went to 5 web sites down load their mess and only to find ya have to cross refrence, blah blah blah. I guess I will keep plugging along.
jeff

monkeymt
07-06-2009, 12:00 PM
Very much in business, here is the company info.
Tru-Square Metal Products
640 First St. S.W.
Box 584
Auburn, WA
800-225-1017
Mark

fourarmed
07-06-2009, 12:56 PM
I don't know, Jeff. I had an old Thumbler vibratory that the motor went out on, and I ordered one from them. It lasted less than a year. As I recall, it cost me around $40 for the motor and shipping. That will go a long way toward a new tumbler. If I were doing it again, I would look for a surplus motor of some kind, and move the eccentric weight over to it.

Hip's Ax
07-06-2009, 01:00 PM
Takes a while to find their website. I have and use a few of their rotary tumblers, I adore them. I just wish they made a 2 gallon or even a 3 gallon model.

http://www.thumlerstumbler.com/

9.3X62AL
07-06-2009, 01:37 PM
+1 to all that Hip's Ax said. Mine is 20+ years old, and I count it among my best and most reliable reloading tools ever purchased. Same motor since Day 1, I've gone through about a dozen drive belts and am now on the second set of axles.

218bee
07-06-2009, 01:40 PM
May I suggest going to Graingers or some other website that sells electric motors and with the numbers off the one on your tumbler you may be able to get a replacement that way and I bet cheaper too. Just a thought...I have an old Model B and always thought if the motor dies I would try that route first

JSH
07-06-2009, 03:08 PM
I did finally find a cross reference at grangers. I am going to see what I can find else where as it was over $60 shipped. I did a bit of looking and found a motor off of an old sewing machine, dang thing is to long and would be a bit hard to mount.
If I could find an old small box fan, I think I could make that work. Will have start hitting a few garage sales and second hand shops.
The motor on the newer one of the two is about the size of the old school bus fan motors.
I looked at the web site for a parts list of some sort, didn't see or find anything. Tried to send them an email and it bounced back.
jeff

Recluse
07-06-2009, 03:26 PM
+1 to all that Hip's Ax said. Mine is 20+ years old, and I count it among my best and most reliable reloading tools ever purchased. Same motor since Day 1, I've gone through about a dozen drive belts and am now on the second set of axles.

+1

I've used the mischief out of mine. After a long day at the range (and my subsequent scrounging for brass), it's not unusual for my Thumler's Tumbler AR12 to run for up to seven to eight days straight--only stopping long enough to pour the finished brass out and the uncleaned brass in. Same motor, same platform, same axles (but they are starting to wear a bit), same barrel, but not sure how many drive belts I've gone through--I order them two at a time.

Not bad for something I paid $125 for in 1987.

:coffee:

cajun shooter
07-06-2009, 04:58 PM
The + side of the mdl B is that you can use it with the ceramic media to clean those BP hulls. I also have a Thumblers uv-18 that is still going from 1989.

dromia
07-06-2009, 06:22 PM
I use 2, one for dry Corncob/walnut and one for wet/ceramic. I think they are just great.

I've had my dry one for nigh on 20 years and it just keeps rolling along.

Idaho_Elk_Huntr
07-06-2009, 06:51 PM
They are still in buisness. I went to Buffalo Arms the other day and they were out of the Thumler I wanted and Dave had one of his employees call them and see when they were going to get more

montana_charlie
07-06-2009, 10:13 PM
I just wish they made a 2 gallon or even a 3 gallon model.
Some larger tumblers on this page...
http://www.therockshed.com/tumbler1.html

Thumler's motors and stuff, here...
http://www.therockshed.com/partsthumlers.html

CM

shotman
07-06-2009, 11:33 PM
The belts are at wally world. Its a Hoover sweeper belt . Dont have No. in front of me
Check the little desk type fans and see if that is the same motor