PDA

View Full Version : My Ma Just Died

mroliver77
07-04-2009, 11:30 PM
Hey everyone,
I just got home from the hospital where my Ma was being treated for Leukemia. Things were looking pretty good but we got a call that she took a turn for the worse last night. We all rushed to U of M and was with her all afternoon. The docs were saying she might pull out of it and or tomorrow we would have a better picture of where we stood etc. I am just a hick with a GED and a few college classes but I knew it was not long. Her breathing labored and I told everyone she was getting worse. She was given some pain meds to calm her. It did not work. After my 7 sisters and I holding her for a half hour I led us in prayer and asked God if'n she was to go, let it be quick. The nurse went for more meds. Mom slipped away before he got back. It has been a long couple of months.
Just for the record, the University of Mich in Ann Arbor is a big intimidating building. The folks that work there are the kindest sweetest most caring health care workers I have ever met. They made this so much easier to get through. I am setting home alone and needed to share this with my casting "family".
On a lighter note I was remembering how ornery my Ma was when younger. One of my Bro in Laws(knowing she had a speeding ticket) tried to embarrass her by asking "Vi, have you ever been picked up by the Fuzz?" This was back when some referred to our LEO by this handle. Mom answered him, "No, but I have been swung around by the boobs once or twice!!!"
My sweet little ole Mom, I miss her already!

Jay

Heavy lead
07-04-2009, 11:37 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss. Thanks for sharing "the fuzz" story. People go away, but memories keep them alive. Remember the good stuff.

trooperdan
07-04-2009, 11:41 PM
Sorry for your loss! She sounds like she was a pistol!

mtgrs737
07-05-2009, 12:26 AM
I am sorry to hear of your loss, Mothers are the most special people. I lost my mom and my sister to cancer, both were too young to leave this earth. If it is any comfort I can tell you that God has a plan for each and every one of us, and that I have personaly heard the angels. Your mom is in good hands.

Christ's promise is our salvation.

leadman
07-05-2009, 12:32 AM
Sorry to hear of your mother passing. My Dad passed 6-26-07, my Mom 7-6-07. Remember her well.

45caster
07-05-2009, 01:10 AM
Sorry to hear about your loss just remember she is a better place god bless your in my prayers

mroliver77
07-05-2009, 01:43 AM
Thanks guys, I need all the prayer I can get tonight.
I know she is in a better place. She accepted Christ some years back and I am sure she is rearranging the curtains in Paradise this evening.
She told me she wants a small stone by her headstone that states; "See I told you I was sick!"
What a woman! I weighed 11lbs 12oz at birth and she still loved me anyhow!
Jay

Rockydog
07-05-2009, 02:05 AM
Jay, Extremely sorry for your loss. I lost my mother to liver cancer in Oct. of 2006. Still seems like last week. She too had wonderful caregivers. God's probably got a special place for mothers and care givers too. RD

DLCTEX
07-05-2009, 06:58 AM
My condolences to your and your family. Lost my mother in '87.

StrawHat
07-05-2009, 07:06 AM
Sorry to hear the news. Prayers and good wishes for you and your families.

Lost my Mom in 2008, Pop is 1999, now we are staring to lose folks in my generation. A part of life and a Bible entry none like to make. Take comfort from your faith and knowledge that some day you will be reunited.

gon2shoot
07-05-2009, 07:13 AM
Real sorry to hear that.
Prayers sent for you and your family.

IHMSA
07-05-2009, 07:29 AM
Jay,
My prayers are with you and your family.

WILCO
07-05-2009, 08:58 AM
Sorry to hear about your loss. Thanks for sharing "the fuzz" story. People go away, but memories keep them alive. Remember the good stuff.

Ditto for me. Stay strong Jay.

woody1
07-05-2009, 10:24 AM
Sorry to hear of your loss. I wish I had words that could make your pain less. Regards, Woody

shdwlkr
07-05-2009, 11:07 AM
Jay
I am so sorry for your loss but you beat me as when my mom and dad died I didn't have the money to fly home and see them one last time and it bothers me every day. But life isn't fair and one day with luck we will be together again and can catch up on things.
Ps remember the good times the fun times because they are the ones that matter as they make us glad we had them for parents.

Cowboy5780
07-05-2009, 01:25 PM
Sorry for youre loss i cant imagine the pain you must feel...

wallenba
07-05-2009, 01:34 PM
Mroliver77, my deep sympathies. It truly is a life changing event to lose a parent. Our Mothers especially so. Keep her memories close to you, but you must not let it overwhelm you.

wallenba
07-05-2009, 01:39 PM
P.S. , Mroliver77, U of M is one of the finest hospitals in America. My father passed away just around the corner from there in St. Josephs hospital. We are in Garden City, Mi.

45nut
07-05-2009, 01:47 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss. I wish I had words that could make your pain less. Regards, Woody

I'll second that and am thankful we can help if even just a little.

fatnhappy
07-05-2009, 02:14 PM
I'm sorry for your loss.

Murphy
07-05-2009, 03:11 PM
God Bless,

May HIS love comfort you all during this most hardest of times.

Murphy

mroliver77
07-06-2009, 10:12 AM
I am very touched by you all. It means alot that you'uns took the time to send a few lines or a quick prayer for a brother caster. That is why this is my home on the net.
Jay

Geraldo
07-06-2009, 04:18 PM
My mom died ten years ago from cancer, and I prayed the same thing you did. I'll pray for your mom and your family.

Trey45
07-06-2009, 05:05 PM
My dad died in the hospital 4 years ago, remember the good times and the sad times aren't as bad. I am sorry for your loss.

masscaster
07-06-2009, 05:25 PM
:(
Sorry to hear that. Hope you and yours are doing okay.
Sincerely,
Jeff

sheepdog
07-06-2009, 06:12 PM
mroliver77 praying for ya buddy, lost my father on my birthday one year so I know how its strange not having them there.

MT Gianni
07-07-2009, 12:27 AM
I am sorry for your loss. Please write the memories down and encourage others to do the same.

odinohi
07-07-2009, 05:01 AM
Sorry for your loss. Thoughts are with you and yours. Tom

mroliver77
07-07-2009, 11:05 AM
Thanks again for all the thoughts and prayers. The wolves are at the door already. There are eight of us "kids". Some are already calling out "foul" and think they are getting "screwed"(their words). I am trying to follow Ma's wishes as she laid them out. Man we havent got her buried yet.
Jay

Springfield
07-07-2009, 09:56 PM
Just tell them that those were our Mom's wishes and if they don't like it than can take it up with her in a few years. My Mom died of Leukemia in 1973(at 42) when I was 17. I was the oldest of 4, and I still miss her sometimes.

shdwlkr
07-07-2009, 10:02 PM
When my parents died the lawyer thought I would get upset that everything went to my sister who had almost nothing. I wanted nothing from them except for them not to die. I did get some stuff but never asked for anything after they were gone. The lawyer asked me why and I told him it was dad and mom's stuff not mine so who am I to say I want this or that when it wasn't mine to begin with. We have had some hard issues to deal with and the lawyer still can't believe that I am not being an SOB over the deal but my sister in my main worry now and that is all the time I have to worry about how she is doing and not what I didn't get.
tell your family to grow up and accept "moms" wishes or you will sell it all and give it to some charity your mother liked.

07-08-2009, 01:48 AM
your mom sounds like a fire cracker, i'm sorry you lost her. I hope you and your family are well. You'll be in my prayers.

Dean D.
07-08-2009, 03:17 PM
Jay, please accept my condolences on the loss of your Ma. I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Your Ma sounded like one heck of a gal who will be sorely missed.

mroliver77
07-11-2009, 05:46 PM
shdwlkr,
one sister in particular needs help and Ma set it up to give her a decent "stake" to get going with again. Others have problems with this. I love them all but I am going to have to hurt some feelings and would rather it did not have to be so. Pray for us and it will all work out well.
Jay

shdwlkr
07-11-2009, 07:27 PM
Jay
when my parents died they left most of their stuff and the house and most of the money to my sister who had nothing. The lawyer thought I would fight it but found out I was more interested that my sister was taken care of.
We grew up in a house where what mom and dad wanted was what was done there was no questions allowed and boy since my parents are gone it has sure been a blessing that most went to her.
I have to tell you also that I am the kid who was sort of the black sheep of the family, but my parents always did things for me when they were alive so I got my inheritance over the years and then some. But what would I do with a house that was 2800 miles away let alone the all the stuff in it. Now when my sister dies if I am still alive the battle will be interesting but if she sets her will up right I get to be the final word on everything and we talk about what she wants done and it will be as she wants as now it is her stuff.
Tell the others to bug off and stop disrespecting your mother's wishes it was hers to do as she wanted and that is it. I hear to much of those that are left behind not wanting to do as the parents wanted after they are gone.
In one case the parents set it up so the person who was to handle the estate had the right to sell everything and do what ever they wanted with the money if there was any fighting and I guess it got right down to the court room and the judge agreed with the person handling the estate and it was to be sold at auction and the money given to the parents favorite charity. Seems everyone was more then willing to take what the parents had said they could have then.
I wish you the best as I know it is a heavy burden for you to carry and do as your mother wanted but hang in there you are doing what your mother wanted and that is all that matters. I will keep you in my prayers that things work out for you and that the other kids wake up to the fact it isn't their stuff until it has been given to them and then they can do as they want with their stuff.

twotoescharlie
07-11-2009, 07:36 PM
Mr. Oliver, sorry for your loss. my ma and pa have been gone for a long time.
all of us are here just temporarily.

TTC