PDA

View Full Version : Range report--Remington 1903-A3

tejano
07-03-2009, 06:03 PM
Borrowing I believe one of Larry Gibson's loads I set out this morning to shoot my 03 with Lyman 311299 .309", 27.0 gr. if IMR 4895, CCI primers, Nosler cases, an OAL of 3.320," and .6-.7 gr. of dacron filler.

The range was very crowded and it was damn hot. Indeed is 103 outside as I write this note. The first 8 of 10 shots were in the 10-ring and the remaining 12 were good and some not so good. This was all at 50 yards. Overall, I am pleased with this load. Thanks Larry.

Jack Stanley
07-03-2009, 06:55 PM
Good news on the first eight sir !! What do ya think happened to the rest of them after that ? To hot to shoot , to much lube or a bit of leading perhaps ?

Great for a first try of the load no doubt about it . :grin:

Jack

tejano
07-03-2009, 08:51 PM
What happened besides the heat is that I am no great shot. Once in awhile I do better, but most of the time I start out okay (on a good day) and go down hill from there (just as in life). :roll:

Buckshot
07-04-2009, 02:35 AM
What happened besides the heat is that I am no great shot. Once in awhile I do better, but most of the time I start out okay (on a good day) and go down hill from there (just as in life). :roll:

.............Well, just shoot 5 or 10 shot groups. That way you "Start out" more often, instead of just 'continuing' :-)

One old guy we used to shoot with, who has now passed over to greener pastures, used to say, "I don't see what the problem is. Just shoot them all into the 10 ring!"

...............Buckshot