PDA

View Full Version : Check ebay for lead melting pots - cheap!

Sixgun Symphony
07-02-2009, 03:47 PM
I am seeing several of the vintage cast iron pots and ladles for melting lead. The sellers usually describe them as "blacksmithing tools" or for making fishing weights and sinkers.

I have seen some very serviceable cast iron pots sell for $10! :)

So check it out.

GLL
07-02-2009, 11:49 PM
There are indeed some good cast iron items available there but shipping often makes them turn out to be expensive.

Jerry

07-03-2009, 12:01 AM
Yeah and when they are in stock Sportsmens warehouse has 20$ cast iron pots.

lifeon2
07-03-2009, 09:19 AM
hit the thrift stores like goodwill and such, they always have cast iron for cheap

alamogunr
07-03-2009, 10:21 AM
There are indeed some good cast iron items available there but shipping often makes them turn out to be expensive.

Jerry

That's a lesson I won't forget. I won a auction for 5 ingot molds(RCBS or SAECO, don't remember) from someone in CA. Shipping ran the cost up to almost new price.

John
W.TN

jdgabbard
07-05-2009, 08:53 PM
That's always been the catch on ebay the last few years. When ebay first took off you really could find really good deals on things. But in the last few years sellers on there have started playing with the prices and shipping so that they end up with a total cost above what retail is. For example recently I found a good deal on some carnuba flakes. The price what right and the shipping what right. Seller stated SPECIFICALLY that the wax was to be shipped flat rate. Well, when it finally arrived two weeks later, he had shipped it standard mail, making an additional profit off the shipping charge. Even though I still got a really good deal off the item, I left negative feedback due to dishonesty. I won't do business with him again.