PDA

View Full Version : Eagle grips on a Gp100?

2ndAmendmentNut
07-02-2009, 03:34 PM
I did some research on Ruger Gp100 grips. I like the sound of Eagle grips however for some reason the Eagle grip website does not have any pictures posted for their Gp100 grips. Well actually they do have pictures but it does not match the product descriptions. Does anyone have or know of a website with pics of Gp100s wearing these grips? Are Eagle grips any good? I will be shooting a lot and I have rather large yet bony hands, do you all think these grips will be right for me? I am open to suggestions on other grips. Thanks.

jameslovesjammie
07-03-2009, 12:09 PM
Most of the grips I've seen for the GP100 have just been inserts for the stock rubber grips. I can't say for sure how the Eagle brand ones are, but if they are inserts they wouldn't feel any different than the current ones.

2ndAmendmentNut
07-04-2009, 02:31 PM
Maybe your right JLJ, but for some reason I was under the impression that it was the whole grip not just the insert.

2ndAmendmentNut
07-04-2009, 02:37 PM
Oh and by the way right now my GP100 has the Hogue monogrip that it came with from the factory. It feels okay, but it’s not exactly what I want. I will know what I want when I see and feel it.

James C. Snodgrass
07-04-2009, 02:51 PM
I've got the Hogues on mine but if I had the coin I would buy Herrett "Roper" type the are a good bit larger . JMHO . James[smilie=1:

jhrosier
07-04-2009, 07:41 PM
I have a set of Eagle grips for my GP100.
They fit very poorly. The two halves are mismatched by 1/16" or so.
When I called the maker to see if they could help, they told me I am on my own as I did not buy them through a dealer, even though they were new.

You might get lucky though.....

Jack

2shot
07-06-2009, 09:43 AM
Some Eagle grips are OK and others are garbage. I'm luck and live about 10 miles from their store and have gone there to pick out grips. Doing so has let me pick the grips I want and reject the garbage. I may be wrong but I believe that these Eagle grips are made in INDIA and shipped here to the USA. Lots of them don't fit well like they should.

Personaly if I were looking for grips for a GP100 I think I would contact Herrett's and see if they had anything avalible for this gun in a Jordon Trooper or Roper stock. Hogue would be my second choice. I think both the companies (Herrett's, Hogue) are worth the money and wait for a superior pair of grips.

2shot