PDA

View Full Version : Score! I purchased a vintage Hollywood reloading press for $112.50 on ebay!

Sixgun Symphony
07-02-2009, 11:44 AM
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/Sixgun_Symphony44-40/HollywoodReloadingPressII.jpg

What a deal! :-D

I had lost the bidding, but the other fellow did not come through with the cash. So I got a second chance.

I also got a vintage NIB shell holder for .348 Winchester, it was made by C H though it's for the Hollywood press.

:drinks:

Mugs
07-02-2009, 11:47 AM
Excellent!
Mugs
IHMSA 5940L

HeavyMetal
07-02-2009, 03:39 PM
Good score!

Hot tip: do not drop it on your foot!

Ben
07-02-2009, 03:44 PM
You and 12 other reloaders won't live long enough to wear that one out !

Bonecrusher
07-03-2009, 04:08 AM
I gave you a hell of a deal, but seeing you post how you scored on all the forums, I should have upped the price a bit:twisted:

Just messing with you, it shipped out today. I'll shhot you over tracking info tomorrow.

Russel Nash
07-03-2009, 12:41 PM
Slight thread drift ahead....

Those are some really nice looking wooden reloading blocks/trays in the back ground.

I'm just wondering how does one go about drilling such neat accurately spaced holes. ???

Getting back more on topic.... MAN! That press is stout! Yeah, I wouldn't want to drop it on my toe either. Were you planning on just making reloads with that OR were you gonna swage bullets too??

Bonecrusher
07-03-2009, 04:24 PM
Slight thread drift ahead....

Those are some really nice looking wooden reloading blocks/trays in the back ground.

I'm just wondering how does one go about drilling such neat accurately spaced holes. ???

Getting back more on topic.... MAN! That press is stout! Yeah, I wouldn't want to drop it on my toe either. Were you planning on just making reloads with that OR were you gonna swage bullets too??

Old Gramps had to have everything perfect. He was an old Vet and he had it dedicated for 30-06 and .270. I know that these old H'Wood's will swage any bullet there is. Solid as heck and a whopping 31 pounds:wink:

WILCO
07-03-2009, 05:47 PM
I thought my old Redding press was a big deal!! :mrgreen:

cajun shooter
07-04-2009, 09:08 AM
Are you sure the other guy was not the seller? I had THIS HAPPEN WHEN a bidder with only 4 feed backs went against me. I quit biudding after the price went past what I wanted to pay. I get a message the next day that the winner did not pay and I could have it for my last bid. I passed as I felt the seller was playing games. It is a HUGE HUNK OF STEEL THAT WILL never wear out.

Bonecrusher
07-04-2009, 03:41 PM
Are you sure the other guy was not the seller? I had THIS HAPPEN WHEN a bidder with only 4 feed backs went against me. I quit biudding after the price went past what I wanted to pay. I get a message the next day that the winner did not pay and I could have it for my last bid. I passed as I felt the seller was playing games. It is a HUGE HUNK OF STEEL THAT WILL never wear out.

Read up on the ebay "Second chance offer". I was the seller and had a reserve of $200 on the press. The highest bid went for only $112.50, so ebay gives you the option to relist the item, or give the highest bidder a "second chance offer", basically lowering your price to what the highest bidder was willing to pay. So, in this instance, I took a $80 loss on the press. But, I needed the money and was not going to use the press. In this case we both won, he just got a little better of me. That's how auctions are, win some, lose some:drinks:

Cajun - In your case, it doesn't sound like the seller was playing games, rather a noob, with a 4 rating, outbid you fair and square. Then he decided he didn't want to pay the seller the amount he bid. So the seller offers it to the next in line. Sounds like the seller got screwed, not you.