PDA

View Full Version : Is Lee Shaver OK?

Nueces
07-01-2009, 05:00 PM
Hi, Guys

I haven't been on the board for a while, so please excuse me if there are other matters here for me to attend to while I catch up.

Is Lee Shaver OK? I have business with him, but I haven't been able to contact him or his shop since February, neither by email or phone. egunsmith.com hasn't loaded in months.

Does anyone know if he has experienced some trouble? That happens of course, and I don't want to be a weight for him to bear if life is hard just now.

I'd like to let him off the hook for my project, if that's what he'd like, but I can't get a message to him. If any of y'all have a line to him, and if you feel OK with it, please ask him to contact me (through you, if that's what works, PM is fine). I'll send him a box for my parts and we'll call it done.

I hope he's OK,

Mark

Frank46
07-01-2009, 11:45 PM
Mark, there was some discussion about this on the assra website. While I cannot vouch for this 100% you may want to check over there and get confirmation. from what I gather he no longer does gunsmithing. There was also a gentleman on the graybeards site that went through some legal motions to get his firearm completed and returned to him. If someone here knows more about this than I do, I hope that they will chime in and either confirm or deny the above. Frank

Nueces
07-02-2009, 12:26 AM
Thanks, Frank, I appreciate your help. My search over there turned up only a few posts, but that may be because my registration has not been approved yet.

My MOA Pedersoli Sharps wants it's guts back.

Mark

The Double D
07-02-2009, 08:31 AM
Try this

http://www.go2gbo.com/forums/index.php/topic,149586.0.html

and this

http://www.assra.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1230906478/7#7

montana_charlie
07-02-2009, 12:06 PM
As of January of this year I was in contact with him through leeshaver74 (at) yahoo (dot) com
CM

Nueces
07-02-2009, 02:53 PM
Thanks DD, I found your posts right after my ASSRA registration was approved. And thanks Charlie, I send him my parts back about then myself. He was positively aggressive about answering my emails at that time.

Got lucky this morning and he answered the phone. Said my parts are finished and will be sent soon. He also reports dealing with some herniated disks and that lying on the floor is burdensome, but much cheaper than the emergency room. I do not begrudge a fellow putting his spine at the head of the line.

I'll let y'all know what happens.

Mark

The Double D
07-02-2009, 03:32 PM
Having seen several post across the net dealing with Lee Shaver, have to wonder about the genuineness of the herniated disc story.

This is the first time the herniated disc story has surfaced.

Frank46
07-02-2009, 11:17 PM
Well I'll give him the benefit of doubt. have had and still do back problems over many years. If I am wrong my apologies to Mr.Shaver. Double D, those are the posts I was referring to. Frank

Buckshot
07-03-2009, 12:53 AM
...........I've had a few superb dealings with Mr Shaver, but they were a couple years back. But now? Herniated disc or not, if you have to go through the state's attorny general's office to get a response I'd say it was an exceeding poor way to conduct business. Personally I think I'd have to seek an alternate way to go.

.............Buckshot

The Double D
07-03-2009, 12:04 PM
Don't get me wrong, If Mr Shaver's problems are related to medical problems I wish him a speedy recovery so he can continue to provide us with the wonderful products and service he has provided in the past.

Unfortunately this the ring of Coyote and Moms Old Guns, Missouri Cannon works, Cannon Mania and Cannon Superstore, so I am skeptic.

cajun shooter
07-04-2009, 08:02 AM
I have 4 bad disc and a infusion pump implanted in me and will say that it's unreal in the pain department. But I will also say that if he is laying on the floor as I did then he can call someone and tell them he is unable to work on the gun. If the pain is so bad that he can't call then I'm sure that Mr Shaver knows someone who could make calls for him. He has done a lot of good for the BPCR people. I have some of his after market sights, I hope he makes it right for you .