PDA

View Full Version : midway and flat rate

07-01-2009, 03:03 PM
midway is now using usps flat rate shipping.

2muchstuf
07-01-2009, 03:19 PM
What does this mean to the average consumer?
More or less to pay.

oldhickory
07-01-2009, 03:33 PM
Less, I just got a few things from them and the shipping was very reasonable.

07-01-2009, 03:38 PM
2muchstuf,

It means lower shipping costs. It's a change that is long overdue.

Maybe now, they can concentrate on speeding up their web-site, which operates at a glacial pace.

Sprue
07-01-2009, 03:43 PM
So much for their current Priority Shipping. I placed an Order on 6/22 and still..... nothing.

Beekeeper
07-01-2009, 03:48 PM
Hey Sprue,
Midway is still not as slow as Midsouth.
Placed two (2) orders with them in april and May and still haven't received them.
According to midsouth They do not know if they will be able to ship before january.
Have to use them as they are the only ones who have the 22 cal bator boolit mould

beekeeper

Sprue
07-01-2009, 04:06 PM
Hey Sprue,
Placed two (2) orders with them in april and May and still haven't received them.
According to midsouth They do not know if they will be able to ship before january.
Have to use them as they are the only ones who have the 22 cal bator boolit mould

beekeeper

I assume that you're speaking of In-Stock Items ??? Wow !

southpaw
07-01-2009, 04:38 PM
Hey Sprue,

beekeeper

WOW. I have placed 4 orders with midsouth and they have all been delivered in less than a week. Just placed one on the june 29 and just checked the tracking # and it says that it is out for delivery.

All of my items were in stock. The next day when I went on I noticed that the lyman large handles were in stock. Go figure.

Good luck with you orders:Fire:

Jerry Jr.

Treetop
07-01-2009, 04:45 PM
Here is a copy and paste of the email announcement:

Here at MidwayUSA, we’ve always believed in fair and honest delivery charges, and I’m excited to announce the addition of two new delivery services to lower your charges.

MidwayUSA’s delivery systems have always automatically selected the lowest delivery charge. Effective immediately, two new options – USPS Priority Flat Rate and UPS Basic – are available to lower prices further.

UPS Basic - Dependable, economical ground service with final delivery made by UPS or USPS. Delivery is typically one day longer than UPS Ground with full tracking capability to final delivery. UPS Basic is available to residential addresses in the lower 48 States.

US Postal Service Priority Flat Rate - An express shipping option for one low rate per box size—anywhere in the United States. There's virtually no weighing or calculating rates – if it fits in the box, it ships and reaches the destination in 2-3 days.

No one wants to pay for someone else’s delivery charges. With MidwayUSA, you pay the delivery charges associated with getting your order from MidwayUSA to your door. MidwayUSA’s website and Customer service agents will automatically offer you the lowest charge Postage, Handling and Insurance (PHI) option for each shipment, but you can choose from at least eleven different delivery options. We’ve also negotiated a smaller charge for Customers who use UPS to deliver to their commercial address.

We’re excited about these new options because it will save you money – an average of $1.94 in delivery charges on each qualifying UPS Basic shipment and more on Flat Rate shipments. For example, ordering two boxes of 500 Rainier 45 Caliber Bullets used to cost $21.42 to ship to Kansas or $39.72 to ship to California. With Flat Rate, we’ve lowered the charge to $11.67, regardless of the destination. For compact, heavy orders, this is a real money-saver for our Customers.

Thanks for Your Business,

Larry Potterfield

DLCTEX
07-01-2009, 04:56 PM
I have found it cheaper to buy Lee molds direct from Lee due to Lee charging $4 shipping and handling. The RD460-350 mold I just ordered from them cost $24.50 to my door. In the past a similar mold was $36 from Midway to me, partly due to the extra charge for a less than $25 order. I will give them a chance again on in stock items, I will not pay extra freight on back ordered items. I one time paid freight three times on an order.

BarryinIN
07-01-2009, 05:13 PM
This is good news. Midway's shipping costs have been a deal killer for me many times. Maybe 3/4 of the time, I found that while the item(s) cost is less at Midway than elsewhere, their higher shipping cost more than offset that.

As far as Midsouth goes, they have always got stuff to me quickly.
However, they will hold an entire order for a single out of stock item. You have to be careful about that nowadays, because of these things are selling so fast. I have found they had something in stock...then didn't by the time I completed my order. This could have held my order up mysteriously had I not caught that.

captain-03
07-01-2009, 06:54 PM
I can not complain about Midway -- ALWAYS very fast shipping. Placed an order last Friday afternoon, got it yesterday!!

azjohn
07-01-2009, 11:49 PM
Beekeeper you might check with this company.http://www.castbulletengineering.bigpondhosting.com/photos/album_009.htm?picture=../photos/c5ff2d9021b3e01308fe1c3f62f24283.jpg

Blammer
07-02-2009, 12:42 AM
I ordered on June 29 and got my order July 1st from midway!

Tom W.
07-02-2009, 05:08 AM
It's good to hear about the changes. After they put Larry Potterfield's e-mail address back to where I could access it, I e-mailed him about it and asked how his "fair and Honest" shipping could be fair and honest if he wasn't using the flat rate boxes. I Had trouble paying $12 - $14 shipping for a mold ,some gas checks, and a set of dies when I knew full well that these items could all easily fit into a shoe box sized flat rate box and be sent.

His reply was something to the effect that their computer system wasn't geared for that kind of shipping but that he would look into it...

I'm glad that he did. I'd hate to have to give him the USPS addy so he could order some boxes..

Rick N Bama
07-02-2009, 06:11 AM
Hey Sprue,

beekeeper

BK have you checked with them on the status of the order? Once I placed an order (all items were in stock) & a week later it still had not shipped. I finally reached a nice young lady that actually cared & she did some checking for me even to the point of finding my box of stuff sitting in a corner somewhere being ignored for some reason or the other. She was nice enough to call me back to let me know it would go out that day & also gave me credit for the shipping charges.

Might want to give them a call.

Rick

357maximum
07-02-2009, 06:15 AM
I have always like Midway, but their shipping $$ did get my dander a few times....glad to see Larry finally fixed his rectal cranial inversion on shipping...should be even better now. Everytime I have made an in stock order from midway the big brown truck of happiness was here within a few days.:mrgreen:

odinohi
07-02-2009, 06:31 AM
I have an order of 357mag dies that I ordered in April. They are on backorder and now expected delivery is end of August. I can wait becuase I dont have a 357mag YET. This is a Hornady set that is the one I want so I guess I'll just be patient and wait. Wish the order would fit in the small flatrate box though. Tom