PDA

View Full Version : Ruger Gp100 grips?

2ndAmendmentNut
07-01-2009, 12:21 AM
Looking for some replacement grip options for my GP100. Do not really want a smaller grip in girth but would like it to be a little shorter than the monogrip it came with. I like checkered grips, can be wood or plastic/rubber. Recommendations and pics will be most appreciated.

Bass Ackward
07-01-2009, 07:52 AM
Looking for some replacement grip options for my GP100. Do not really want a smaller grip in girth but would like it to be a little shorter than the monogrip it came with. I like checkered grips, can be wood or plastic/rubber. Recommendations and pics will be most appreciated.

A discussion on grips is one that I could never figure out how to make productively. I mean from what angle do you come from? How big is your hand? What is the purpose? One always assumes that a person has seen the plastic options that are sold everywhere. And if you have asked this question, you haven't seen something that ..... meets your standards.

Two suggestions. Search the net as you find articles and vendors. Then search Gunbroker under gun parts / grips. Virtually everything is there even from German vendors that are fairly expensive.

I like wood. I like fit. I can't get that from a generic vendor so I often go to someone like Herretts that makes what they sell fit to your hand. I don't want checkering either for heavy loads or defense as it can slow your grip and can catch clothing if you are concealed. So that is the best way I can try to answer your question is to look there.

longhorn
07-01-2009, 01:57 PM
Search this forum for thread on GP100 grips; original and compact original rubber grips with inserts are out there, try Brownell's and/or Midway. The company that made 'em for Ruger is out of business. Might check evilbay, too. GP100 grips = Super Redhawk grips.

Muddy Creek Sam
07-01-2009, 02:04 PM
Check out the Gallery on http://www.rugerforum.net There are many threads on the subject.

Sam :D

anachronism
07-01-2009, 08:26 PM
By "Monogrip", do you mean an actual Hogue grip, or is it the original one-piece Ruger grips with the panels? If you want a shorter grip, look at one for an SP-101. They should fit too.

Heavy lead
07-01-2009, 10:01 PM
I do not like any kind of rubber grip on anything even on a hard kicker, especially on a hard kicker. I do not have a GP100, but have Super RedHawks which use the same grip, I find the Hogue smooth wood finger groove grips are perfect, they offer good hand placement for me with a grip that is smooth but repeatable due to the finger groove, I shoot my SRH's quite a bit in double action like most would with a .357. I shoot those grips on Smith's too and especially like them on my 625's, I do not care for checkered wood, but they are available. I think my next purchase will be a GP100 as I've wanted one for a while now, I know the Hogue's will be residing on it.
FWIW, I do not like the Hogue monogrip soft rubber grips, just the wood.
Also I have fairly large hands, size 12.5 ring, not overly long fingers, but not short either, if that helps.

Down South
07-07-2009, 07:16 AM
I use this set of Hogue Rosewood Grips on my GP-100. I also have the same set for my S&W 629.

http://www.hoguestore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=569_2_27_60_397&products_id=3494