PDA

View Full Version : Micro-Lube & GAR lube, Anyone ever used them?

mikenbarb
06-29-2009, 11:12 AM
I got a bunch of Micro-Lube ALOX free and GAR "Half & Half" 2138F sticks and I never heard of either. GAR was located in N.J. and Micro-Lube was in N.M. but I cant find anything on them and the packaging says nothing on what its for. Im pretty sure the Half & Half is pistol lube but the Miro-Lube is throwing me off and its a harder dark brown lube that says to use with lightbulb. I guess it was made before the days of lube heaters.LOL.

felix
06-29-2009, 11:31 AM
Yes, GAR got his beeswax from a Canada source with the assumption it was less refined in terms of excreta. His micro-wax was a high temp version substitute for beeswax. 160 degree melt versus 200 degree melt. ... felix

NuJudge
06-30-2009, 02:38 AM
I have a lot of the GAR 50% Beeswax/50% Alox 2138F. It works great without heat. I have used it on rifle cast bullets up to 2200 fps in the .30-'06. It came in flat bricks of about 7"X3.5"X1.5", wrapped in aluminum foil. When I need to fill a lubricator/sizer I cut off a hunk, put it in a coffee mug and heat it in a microwave, then pour it in.

CDD

357maximum
06-30-2009, 02:57 AM
If anybody knows someone in the underground pipeline industry and they want to replicate/duplicate the old micro-lube...

[smilie=1:http://www.trentoncorp.com/products/innercoat-pour-le-reconditionnement-des-pipelines.html [smilie=1:

I hear it works alot mo better with a bit of petroleum jelly added to it.[smilie=1:

Bret4207
06-30-2009, 08:25 AM
I'm still using GAR 50/50 I bought when they were going out of business. They were real nice folks to work with. Good stuff.

mikenbarb
06-30-2009, 10:06 AM
Cool! Thanks everyone and im gonna give them both a try next week to see how they shoot. With my luck they will shoot great and I will S.O.L. finding more.

DirtyJack
09-05-2009, 11:51 PM
I got a bunch of Micro-Lube ALOX free and GAR "Half & Half" 2138F sticks and I never heard of either. GAR was located in N.J. and Micro-Lube was in N.M. but I cant find anything on them and the packaging says nothing on what its for. Im pretty sure the Half & Half is pistol lube but the Miro-Lube is throwing me off and its a harder dark brown lube that says to use with lightbulb. I guess it was made before the days of lube heaters.LOL.

Gib Hebard Guns in Lousiana used to sell Microlube in the 70's and 80's. I bought 2 dozen sticks to use in my bullseye .45. I ran out a few years ago and I was able to buy another dozen sticks at a swap meet back in the spring. The last I found was this weekend. One stick for $5 but it was worth it. It is a great lube for .45acp's. It's not as sticky as the NRA formula and it will stand the heat. The use of a light bulb is more for winter time use. In the summer it flows just fine. Enjoy or PM me if you want to get rid of it.....[grin]