PDA

View Full Version : SAECO Melting Pot Repair.

WRDSMTH
06-24-2009, 09:45 PM
My SAECO melting pot will no longer heat up. I have been told that there is someone that rebuilds these pots. Does anyone know who does this? Any r suggestions for getting this pot going again??

oneokie
06-24-2009, 10:02 PM
Kings Kiln Repair, Raywood, Mo.

thebigmac
06-24-2009, 10:41 PM
WRDSMTH--- PERHAPS IT NEEDS A REPLACEMENT THERMOSTAT... ONE IS AVAILABLE FROM PPE INC. WWW.PPE.COM CLICK ON THERMOSTAT YOU WANT PAGE 702 FOR ITEM #B-200.
COST YOU $21.00 PLUS UPS. I JUST DID MINE LAST WEEK. WORKS LIKE NEW GOOD LUCK Mac

hammerhead357
06-25-2009, 02:19 AM
WRDSMTH, I used to run 2 SAECO pots and had to rebuild them often. IIRC often times the thermostat was bad or the connectors to the heating elements were burned into. Sometimes the ends of the elements would burn off and I would have to cut the outer metal off the coil and then crush the white stuff on the inside off to expose just a little more of the inner wire so I could reconnet the thermostat to the element. These pots are pretty simple to work on just be sure to unplug it before you start taking things apart.
I sure was glad to go to all RCBS pots but I have had to replace the thermostats on some of them also....Wes

Echo
06-26-2009, 12:05 AM
Pull the knob of and remove the cover plate - you may be able to see the problem, and it may be easy to rectify. If the problem isn't obvious, then see post #2...

(I don't mind doing a little work on something simple, but when it gets beyond me. I call in the experts!)

TAWILDCATT
06-27-2009, 01:47 PM
I just repaired mine a Saeco.harbor freight has a router speed control for $15.jump the thermo and just plug the cord in the control adjust temp with thermometer.the speed controler is really a voltage regulater.rated 115 at 15 amps.so should handle 1700 watts.and the pot is 1000wts.:coffee:[smilie=1:
this fix should be a sticky as it will come up again and again.

rwadley
03-07-2016, 12:06 AM
WRDSMTH--- PERHAPS IT NEEDS A REPLACEMENT THERMOSTAT... ONE IS AVAILABLE FROM PPE INC. WWW.PPE.COM (http://WWW.PPE.COM) CLICK ON THERMOSTAT YOU WANT PAGE 702 FOR ITEM #B-200.
COST YOU $21.00 PLUS UPS. I JUST DID MINE LAST WEEK. WORKS LIKE NEW GOOD LUCK Mac

The page is now 730 and the price is now $27.50. Clamp-on thermostat.