PDA

View Full Version : Experts: Identify this Shotshell Press

Bonecrusher
06-22-2009, 05:21 PM
Okay, you guys helped me out with my other post, here's one Im having trouble with.

It's a shotshell press thats stamped SUPER JET on the top of the bottom plate. The shot / powder tubes are labeled Lachmiller. I figured it was a Lachmiller "Super Jet" Press. I start doing some goggling and can't find anything on this press, at all. In additon, there's the blue arm in the pics that have to be part of this tool, as the discoloration around the mount holes match the shape of the ends of this arm.

One person suggested the arm was for a flywheel on a vehicle. But, I still feel it goes with this press, plus, they both have the same light blue krinkle finish to them. The shell holders on it fit a 16 gauge shell snugly. I've tried every configuration I can think of to mount the press arm and came up with nothing.

Anyone know what this is, or if indeed it is a Lachmiller Super Jet? Can anyone provide pics of one, so I could see the press arm set-up?

Like I said earlier, I have searched and came up with nothing, so I'd be very gratefull for any info on this loader.

briang
06-22-2009, 06:08 PM
No idea about the make of the press, but I think I know how the arm mounts. The piece marked with the red arrow bolts to the hole marked with the other red arrow and the piece marked with the green arrow bolts the hole marked with the other green arrow.
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/3488/sp5d.jpg

seagiant
06-22-2009, 07:15 PM
Hi,
You are correct! It is a Lachmiller "Super Jet" listed in my 1970 Handloaders Digest. Retail price at that time was $64.50 ! Says capable of reloading all guages and slides on oiled bronze bearings with positive stops at each stage. That's about it not much here I'm afraid.

Bonecrusher
06-22-2009, 11:56 PM
No idea about the make of the press, but I think I know how the arm mounts. The piece marked with the red arrow bolts to the hole marked with the other red arrow and the piece marked with the green arrow bolts the hole marked with the other green arrow.
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/3488/sp5d.jpg

You the man Brian:drinks:

I had tried it before, but after you mentioned it, I tried it again and what I was doing wrong, is not compressing the top plate. Once I compressed it, everything went together perfect. Thanks for taking the time to help out.

Bonecrusher
06-22-2009, 11:59 PM
Hi,
You are correct! It is a Lachmiller "Super Jet" listed in my 1970 Handloaders Digest. Retail price at that time was $64.50 ! Says capable of reloading all guages and slides on oiled bronze bearings with positive stops at each stage. That's about it not much here I'm afraid.

Thanks for the confirmation seagiant. I started doubting it, since I can't find anything at all on it on the web. I appreciate you looking it up for me. That helps a lot.

briang
06-23-2009, 12:04 AM
You the man Brian:drinks:

I had tried it before, but after you mentioned it, I tried it again and what I was doing wrong, is not compressing the top plate. Once I compressed it, everything went together perfect. Thanks for taking the time to help out.

You're welcome, it's the least I can do.

seagiant
06-23-2009, 08:48 AM
Hi,
No problem! Somewhere in the back of my mind I believe that Lachmiller was bought out by RCBS for there iron mold line. RCBS bought out alot of small companies as they added to there line up of different items to manufacture. It is probably a long shot but might be worth calling or sending an E-mail to the nice lady and asking? RCBS has excellent customer service! Hope you get it going,I love the old shotshell loaders!

TAWILDCATT
06-27-2009, 04:38 PM
I think ohaus was rcbs molds I may be wrong.
redding is saeco
:coffee:[smilie=1: