PDA

View Full Version : walther pp 22

primersp
06-22-2009, 10:55 AM
which of you use this pistol ?
i have the opportunity to swap a sig mosquito vs a manurhin pp22

45 2.1
06-22-2009, 11:09 AM
As for myself, I would opt for the PP anytime over the Sig.

Thin Man
06-22-2009, 02:48 PM
Locally we have seen quite a few of the mosquitos give trouble. They love to foul, have feed trouble even when clean, frequently fail to fire and will fall out of adjustment faster than anything else on the market. I have no experience with the PP in 22, but would to try it! Since the PP owner is also selling a used firearm, you would be wise to run a few magazines of ammo through it to check for general function before the trade, in spite of your offering up the Sig. That other owner may have a reason for considering the swap.

Thin Man

9.3X62AL
06-22-2009, 03:21 PM
I've owned both, the SIG took about 1500 rounds before it learned how to behave properly--and then only with Cotillion Debutante Steak And Lobster Diet (CCI Mini Mags). The PP was a W. German Walther, and ran very well on several different ammo types, although not all bulk-packs. I never should have sold the Walther, and just recently stopped regretting the purchase of the SIG.

For autoloading 22 LRs, it is VERY difficult to better a Ruger 10/22 or Auto Pistol without spending a LOT more money.

pietro
06-22-2009, 03:29 PM
FYI - The Manurhin PP-22 is worth north of $900, or about 3 Mosquitos.

I would be all over it, like sweat on a hog.

jhrosier
06-22-2009, 05:36 PM
I had a Walther PP 22 a few years back.
It was a very well made and reliable pistol.
I did not shoot it well so I sold it.
Now I wish I had it back.
I would trade my nearly new Skeeter for another Walther in a heartbeat. (And I like my Skeeter.)

Jack

JDL
06-22-2009, 05:54 PM
Aw man, you are bringing up some painful memories! I bought a 99.9% Walther PP .22 back in the '70's for $75. The box contained an extra magazine and the factory target. Never had a malfunction with it even though I shot it very much and even made a holster for it. In '91 I got the hots for a FAL and sold it to finance the new toy. Big mistake! Sold the FAL 'bout 9 years ago.
JDL

Thumbcocker
06-22-2009, 07:18 PM
Walther .22 PP's think that they are target pistols. The sights are dead on for 15 M. I have shot squirrels with mine. They will hit where they look. If you have one you have a jewell.

Char-Gar
06-22-2009, 07:30 PM
I have seen the sum total of one Walter PP 22 LR in my life. That was 12 years ago and I almost broke my arm reaching for my wallet. I paid $325 for it and was glad to do it. Mine is a 1967 West German made pistol. It wears a MMC adjustable rear sight.

It is deadly accurate with a good trigger pull. It takes a stout round to make it function 100%. The old PMC target ammo won't even open the slide. But with good stout rounds it is very reliable.

I have no idea what a Mosquito is, but I would never let a Walter PP 22 LR get away from me.

primersp
06-23-2009, 11:35 AM
thanks gents
i shall swapped even i must put some euro more ,i have fire 1500 22 with the
mosquito but i don't like these plastics guns.
the worst thing on manurhin is the maroon grips.
in the 80 when the firm stop the production the price here was similar at whe can
pay for a colt python or a s&w 27

wallenba
06-26-2009, 04:42 PM
I considered the Sig bug myself, then I googled for reviews on it. I was surprised about all the negative comments on it, since Sig is known as high quality. If your trader is serious, you would be getting the better end of it.

ebner glocken
06-27-2009, 04:01 AM
I've had a pp in 22lr for a number of years now. I think I gave about 250 for it and well worth it. Darn thing shoots great with cheap ammo and even better with winchester t-22. Sights are fixed but seems to shoot to the sights for the most part. My ruger bull barrel mk twos and threes will outshoot it but that's a different creature as they won't fit in my pocket and the walther will. Good pistol, I don't regret buying it.

Ebner