PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use LBT Soft in their Star?

siwel
06-22-2009, 01:35 AM
Apparently Veral has said that the soft and the Star lube sizer don't go together well. Anyone have any experience with LBT Soft and Star?

cajun shooter
06-22-2009, 08:15 AM
Never tried it but if you have some that needs to be used you can add a little beeswax to harden it up. I think that Veral had people using the soft at a high pressue and the Star leaked it out. Used it all the time in the RCBS until I started making my own.

Lloyd Smale
06-22-2009, 09:14 AM
I used it years ago in a star without trouble but you have to keep in mind i live in northern mich. not texas. I dont use it anymore because for the most part ive gone to variations of felix and when i buy lube i buy it for lars. His lubes are just as good as verals and about 1/3 the cost. veral is pretty proud of his lubes and his molds.

siwel
06-22-2009, 04:38 PM
I used it years ago in a star without trouble but you have to keep in mind i live in northern mich. not texas. I dont use it anymore because for the most part ive gone to variations of felix and when i buy lube i buy it for lars. His lubes are just as good as verals and about 1/3 the cost. veral is pretty proud of his lubes and his molds.

Who is this felix and lars you speak of?

mroliver77
06-22-2009, 09:50 PM
Felix and Lars are members here. Felix came up with a lube formula hereafter to be called Felix World Famous Lube or FWFL for short. If you scroll to the bottom of this page you will see an advertisment for Lar45s Stuff. That be he.
Jay

runfiverun
06-23-2009, 12:06 AM
you gotta make the felix yourself.
lars is below.

06-23-2009, 08:59 AM
i was turned on to lbt blue soft by mugs for using on 7mm and 30 carb bullets. i called lbt and ask about it saying not for star sizers. they sait it would be ok. i have it in one of my stars just for 7mm and 30 cab. bullets . no heater needed.

Rico1950
06-23-2009, 06:07 PM
Veral changed that statement about the Star luber after he realized he had too much pressure for the lube. After he eased up on the pressure he said it worked fine.