PDA

View Full Version : Brown Package Warrior

Jeffreytooker
03-15-2006, 02:10 AM
The Brown Package Warrior came by my place today. He left four jugs of IMR 7383 and one of WC820. He also left 2 spam cans of 7.62X54 147gr Polish ball made in 86. He is bringing (J) BOOLITS tomorrow. He had to come through 6" of snow to get to the porch. Having UPS bring it to the door is sure nice.

I have to finish my shop so I can have a place for all of my STUFF. I think I have enough shooting supplies to hold me for a while. That is unless someone comes along with a "good deal". I am a believer in the first rule of STUFF. "STUFF expands to fill the space provided". Is anyone here in Northern Calif. intrested in a powder order from GI Brass? I need a jug of WC680.

Jeffrey

Buckshot
03-15-2006, 03:29 AM
...............No but if you were in So. Calif, I'd be your huckleberry 8). There are a couple guys on the board who are 'Up North' in California, but most of California is to me anyway.

................Buckshot

Frank46
03-17-2006, 03:13 AM
Jeff, He probably needed all that stuff to act as ballast when walking up to your house. Talk about stuff, My toy room once upon a time had plenty of room. But for some unknown reason its starting to get very crowded. Besides that poor guy was probably dragging his knukles on the ground from carrying so much "stuff"
Last time the brown truck delivered some 1100 rds of south african 308 all I got was wierd looks, guess he figured i was gonna start a revolution. Frank

PatMarlin
03-18-2006, 02:29 PM
I woulda been your huckleberry Jeffry, but I'm set for some time.. :drinks:

I also missed the darn Redding Gunshow.. :roll: Price I pay for livin' in the outback.

I went to look for the date yesterday, and learned it was last weekend.. :roll: :mrgreen:

Jeffreytooker
03-19-2006, 01:02 AM
I also missed the darn Redding Gunshow.. :roll: Price I pay for livin' in the outback.

After having lived in greater Seattle for a number of years being in the outback is great. Still working on my new shop and moving in. I can get ALL of my stuff in my new reloading room. Havent had it all in one place in about 20 years. I am finding moulds I did not even know I had. Needless to say I have a lot of 30-06 brass.
Jeffrey

PatMarlin
03-19-2006, 02:09 AM
You ever go to where they shoot out there by Jelly's Ferry I think it is, off I-5?

A buddy took me out there one time, and I think we were shooting 200-300 yards if I remember right. My friend lived in Cottonwood. Awesome country in the spring time facing Mt Lassen, and lookin' at Mt. Shasta to your left. Get's real hot in the summer though.. smiley_beertoast

Jeffreytooker
03-20-2006, 12:24 AM
[QUOTE=PatMarlin]You ever go to where they shoot out there by Jelly's Ferry I think it is, off I-5?

I am a member of Tehama Shooters. We have a 1000 yd range about 15 mi east of Red Bluff off of Hwy 36. I have to start attending more and see what games they are shooting.

Later.

Jeffrey

PatMarlin
03-20-2006, 12:30 AM
Wow.. 1000 yards. Hmm never heard of that place.

Jeffreytooker
03-20-2006, 12:45 AM
Wow.. 1000 yards. Hmm never heard of that place.

They shoot 1000yd Hi Power. They do a number of things but there don't seem to be any cast Boolit events. I have to start getting ready for Winnemucca.

Jeffrey

Buckshot
03-20-2006, 01:29 AM
They shoot 1000yd Hi Power. They do a number of things but there don't seem to be any cast Boolit events. I have to start getting ready for Winnemucca.

Jeffrey

..............Jeff, are you going to Winnemucca this year?

............Buckshot

Jeffreytooker
03-21-2006, 12:05 AM
Jeff, are you going to Winnemucca this year?

Buckshot

Yes. I got retired and got down here on 24 Feb. I just finished and moved into my new reloading room. Have to whump up a few boolit loads. I have a 222 Rem in 722 Rem that I want to get shooting for the offhand. I have never had much shooting time with this rifle and no Boolit time. I bring it and a few others.

I am about 80 mi West of Susanville so it will not be a long drive.

Jeffrey