PDA

View Full Version : AmmoGuide vs. Load Data

alamogunr
06-21-2009, 09:05 AM
Opened my email this morning and found another promotion for AmmoGuide. I've been considering subscribing to one of the on line reload services. Anyone here use AmmoGuide or Load Data from Wolfe? Which is worth the $$? Either or neither?

John
W.TN

Rocky Raab
06-21-2009, 09:31 AM
To tell you the truth, I'd stick with a couple or three printed manuals, the Hodgdon Annual Manual and manufacturer-based online resources instead.

It seems to me that none of the paid load libraries are test labs. That means they don't develop their own data, they merely gather, bundle and sell what others have produced. You aren't paying for the data, you're paying for them to have it all in one place.

I also have all my data in one place. It's called a shelf.

Echo
06-21-2009, 10:16 AM
+1 for Rocky...

runfiverun
06-21-2009, 11:40 AM
lee reloading manual did that too.
hodgdons and others are available on the web.
you can call or e-mail the powder/bullet makers too.

mooman76
06-21-2009, 11:42 AM
Why pay when you can get the info from manufactures for free? I mostly use Lyman manual and then the Lee.

R.C. Hatter
06-21-2009, 11:53 AM
+ another one for Rocky Rabb - There is a wealth of load data for free @ Hodgdon's
site. I mostly use Lyman for cast bullets myself, but there is a lot of information
available from bullet manufacturers as well. It's likely cheaper to buy 2 or 3 manuals, then get the free stuff online.