PDA

View Full Version : Shot cartridges in Taurus Tracker?

Newtire
06-20-2009, 07:24 PM
I took my Taurus .44 6 1/2" Tracker to the range today and fired a few boxes of cast loads. I like those big holes it makes and they were pretty close togehter to boot.

The thought occured to me to maybe load up some snake loads until I remembered about the muzzle brake. Seems like it might not be a good idea but has anyone done this with one of these and is it alright?

DLCTEX
06-20-2009, 07:59 PM
Doesn't sound like a good idea to me. There's a lot of pressure going out those ports.

shotman
06-21-2009, 04:12 AM
If you use the speer shot cups you should be ok . You arent going to load them hot anyway. I shot several out of a S&W460 and didnt have a problem. And they had a better pattern than the judge

Newtire
06-21-2009, 10:28 AM
Thanks guys, I was thinking about a piece of shot or even a piece of plastic blowing out of the center and smacking into one of those ports just before it leaves the barrel. Just wondered if anyone has actually tried it.

2ndAmendmentNut
06-21-2009, 04:44 PM
Never tried it with a muzzle brake, on the load data included with the speer shot cups there is a very specific WARNING about NOT to use these with guns that have muzzle brakes. Also all the factory shot loads have this same warning. If I were you I would heed this warning.