PDA

View Full Version : Codes on WWs

Oakvillian
06-20-2009, 01:08 AM
Does anyone know what the letters on WWs stand for? I know the chemical symbols for the elements, such as Fe for iron, Zn for zinc, and Al for aluminum, but there are other letters that appear on some weights that I don't know what the:coffee:y stand for. It would be helpful to know what they stand for if it shows what is in the weight.
Thanks for your insight.:coffee:

Stick_man
06-20-2009, 01:19 AM
I've been wondering the same thing. Do they use aluminum in wheelweights? I had heard about lead alloys, steel, and zinc, but never aluminum. That would kind of surprise me because aluminum is such a lightweight metal and would probably be much more expensive for the weights. I thought the AL stood for possibly a manufacturer rather than a metal. Just askin'...

Oakvillian
06-20-2009, 01:48 AM
I found the answer to my question at wheelweights .com. The letters show which rims they will fit.:drinks:

WHITETAIL
06-20-2009, 06:14 AM
Oakvillen, Welcome to the forum!:Fire:

Cowboy5780
06-20-2009, 07:41 AM
The codes on the the wheel weights for the aluminum wheels denote the style of clip and shape for the many different styles of wheels out there. In the tire stores they have a big rack full of different bins and use a gauge to determine the radius of the lip on the wheel it then tells them which style of weight to use.

Oakvillian
06-20-2009, 10:58 AM
Thanks for the welcome and for the information. This is a great forum.

markinalpine
06-20-2009, 11:07 AM
...told me the Al stands for "Alloy", and that these weights are OK to use on alloy or steel rims. He also saves the tips he clips off the lead weights for me, because he likes my dog! I won't argue with him, and the clipped ends melt really easy. :mrgreen:

Don't forget to read the stickies on this subject. A lot of this info has been re-hashed to the point of nausea. :roll:

Good luck,
Mark :coffee: