PDA

View Full Version : ponsness warren metallic II

06-19-2009, 10:07 PM
hi does any one here have/use a metalic II press, any pointers also does anybody know where you can download a manuel for one? :-D

bobthenailer
06-21-2009, 03:26 PM
i have one! bought it new before the dillons came out, i have the manual and some seggestions on operation . but i will have to get back to you , times limited now. bob

legend
06-21-2009, 04:35 PM
i own a p200 i too bought before my dillon.
i love the machine,its done full sized 7mag loading for years,and yet is just designed to do straight wall pistol cases.
some of the best money i ever spent!
i hope you are as pleased with yours.

bobthenailer
06-23-2009, 06:13 PM
ok i have the manual in front of me ! what do you want to know about the p 200 ?
do you have the optional semi auto primer feed ? as i do ? this is the way i have my press set up for faster operation station #1 at 6 0clock size and deprime station , #0 to the right of #1 auto prime feed and primer seater, i moved the primer post to #0 postion on the base from postion#1. go to the left 2 postions #2 powder measure [i use a dillon set up to bell case and auto drop powder] you can use a lee auto disc if you want, postion#3 one more to the left bullet seating, postion #4 one more to the left crimping. this is alot faster than the instructions that come with the press. bob

seagiant
06-25-2009, 01:21 PM
Hi,
I have this loader except the one for shotshell loading. I like it very much,so I am looking at this P-200 for pistol loading. Can some one tell me how the primer feed is set up? On the shotshell loader you put the primer in by hand for each shell. I guess you call it the semi auto primer. Does anyone have any close up pics? I can't find any on the WEB. Thanks!

bobthenailer
06-26-2009, 06:48 PM
the optional semi auto prime feed to my knowlage is only for the p-200 it is a modfied die body with regular die threads 7/8 x 14 ? with a steel outer tube for saftey with a large or small pimer tube inside, the bottem of the primer tube has a collet held in place with a o ring with the collet closed the primers stay in the tube when you push down on the spring loaded outer tube it comes down through the die contacts the primer ram & spreads the collet on the primer tube to release a primer, release the tube and the spring pressure retracts the primer tube assy back up into the die body

6pt-sika
06-26-2009, 08:59 PM
I've been using a PW Metalic II for about 20 years now !

Other then my little Lee handpress I bought for range use thats about the only metallic loader I've ever owned !

Well I did have a Lee 1000 once for 38's but thats gone now !