PDA

View Full Version : Well, I went & done it.

6.5 mike
06-19-2009, 07:40 PM
When I posted the questions about Uberti's hi-wall's I wasn't really in the market for one. One of the members here pm'ed me saying he had thought about selling his. One thing lead to another, then he sent me some pictureds, guess ya'll know what happened from there.
I'm now the proud owner of a Uberti hi-wall in 30-40 krag. Took it to the range for it's first time yesterday with execellent results. Put 30 150gr plated down range just to get used to the sights, trigger, ect. Couldn't be happier with the rifle. Sure did turn some heads, mostly the older gents that shoot on thursdays when I pulled it out of the case. I do get a kick out of their faces sometimes when I take an older style rifle or handgun that they haven't seen in a while. Seems to bring back memiors for them.
Need to shoot the other 20 rds, clean, then start this one's journey into the world of cast boolits. THANKS AGAIN Jim,

cabezaverde
06-22-2009, 09:59 AM
I'm glad you are enjoying the rifle Mike.

For anyone thinking about doing business with 6.5 mike, I can heartily recommend him.

6.5 mike
06-22-2009, 06:57 PM
cabezaverde, thanks for the kind words. I am really enjoying the hi-wall. SWMBO thinks it's pretty cool too.
I would not give a second though about ANY deal with you at any time. This man is a straight shooter!!!

45r
06-23-2009, 05:44 PM
The highwalls are a lot of fun.My scoped 45-70 sporter shoots real well with 3 different boolits.My RCBS 300GC's are going into a ragged hole with 49.2 grains Vitt-133 and that is going to be my deer hunting load this fall.

4060MAY
06-24-2009, 04:00 PM
Do you know the twist of the 30-40 Uberti Hiwall?

6.5 mike
06-25-2009, 09:09 PM
4060 May, Sorry I didn't answer sooner, just got back on the boat yesterday & was the normal goatrope. It's a 1 in 10. as near as I was able to figure with a rod & rod stop. Hope this helps you.

Limey
07-04-2009, 02:52 AM
Hey 6.5.........

....they say a picture paints a thousand words......so stop wearing your keyboard out and please post a few pics instead for us all to enjoy and appreciate your new gun......

...I love the older style stuff too......modern guns are so damn good at what they do but they all look like something out of a Dan dare comic these days!!!.....

....guess that's a sign that you are getting old when all the new stuff don't look as good as the old stuff from your youth!.....

Enjoy your gun, safe shooting,

Limey