PDA

View Full Version : Need help finding an extractor for a Savage 3G .22 bolt single shot

Triggerhappy
06-18-2009, 11:14 PM
Hey, I could use some help. I was out casting with MiHec's fancy new .45 mold and a neighbor kid came over with his .22 single shot and asked me to look at it. Said he had to pry the shells out with his pocket knife after firing it. I checked it out and it's missing it's extractor. The pin is still in the bolt but the hook is gone and I assume the spring is gone too. I tried to find this model online and I can't find any reference to it. It's a .22 short, long, long rifle single shot bolt action. Says Savage 3G on the barrel. Silver colored trigger. Kinda smaller size but not tiny. Maybe a youth gun.

Anyway, he's 16 with a rifle that doesn't work right and I'd like to help him out. Has anyone ever heard of this rifle? Know where to get parts? Maybe it was made by another manufacturer under the Savage name?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

TH

Rockydog
06-19-2009, 01:13 AM
TH, Numrich lists both the ejector and spring. Un fortunately both are sold out. Total cost for the 2 parts when available North of $20. They also list a "long Rifle" extractor for $12 and change. Appears to be in stock. Just go to Savage and look in .22 section. RD

Triggerhappy
06-19-2009, 01:24 AM
Rocky,

Will go to Numrich, thanks!

Storydude
06-22-2009, 12:18 PM
If Numrich cannot help, try Bob's Gun shop in Arkansas.

He's a bear to get a hold of on the phone, but he does have most parts he lists online.