PDA

View Full Version : BPI Multi hull info needed

wonderwolf
06-18-2009, 03:13 PM
anybody have or use Ballistics products 3" magnum multi hull? I need to know the depth of the deep base they use. I'm not sure what kind of construction these are either compression or?...I feel like I'm learning to ride a bike again trying to learn shot shells again.

klcarroll
06-18-2009, 03:45 PM
Yeah! .......Me too!!!

I can't help but notice that BPI is a bit "tight" on the free info!!

.....Strange, really; ......When you consider that they are the ones who are trying to sell product!

Kent

Johnch
06-18-2009, 08:27 PM
Call or Email them and ask for data

They have emailed me lots of data

I believe they are Cheddite hulls ( call or email BPI to confirm )
As I know they sell the Cheddite 28 and 410 hulls under their name as MM hulls

John

turbo1889
06-18-2009, 10:51 PM
Not sure on the 12ga. variety but the 410 BPI multi-hull is two piece plastic base wad construction similar to a Fiochi or Cheddita hull with a 7mm thick base-wad (base wad and primer height are equal thus primer flash hole is flush with base-wad on inside).

Rrusse11
06-18-2009, 11:27 PM
BPI's Multihulls ARE Cheddites, much cheaper place to buy 'em and every other component you need is grafs.com. Watch out with the BPI "data", the word across all the various shotgun boards is their data sucks, to put it bluntly. Shotshell reloading is a whole 'nother world of powder and lead, and the rules are different. Eg., there is NO way you can tell about pressure using the usual rules of thumb that apply with metallic reloading. Fun but! Claybirds at 40mph are a real challenge, I put anywhere up to 400 rounds a week downrange. And then there's shotguns,,,,,,,,, lol, my cast boolit slingers have been languishing in the closets for the past 3 years since I got the bug.
Cheers,
R*2

wonderwolf
06-20-2009, 03:06 PM
2200count primed 3" mags from BPI is $170....Grafs seems to be a little higher on those. Granted they are the red ones.

klcarroll
06-20-2009, 04:21 PM
Note that Grafs say that they pay the shipping.

Kent