PDA

View Full Version : Another Lee Tumble Lube Question

Steve in Michigan
06-18-2009, 01:04 PM
Where can I get some motor mica from a local source? Do auto supply houses or whatever carry the stuff? Are there other materials I can use to dust my boolits after I tumble lube them?

I guess what made me decide to tumble lube is my mold for a .452 200-grain semi-wadcutter (Like H&G 68) has a bevel base and it raises hell with my RCBS sizer because I get a lube ring around the bevel at the base. Has anybody found a remedy to this? Anyway, I have decided that it is just easier to tumble lube them but I was to get rid of the stickyness after lubing.

Thanks,

Steve

Doc_Stihl
06-18-2009, 01:30 PM
I don't know where you can get motor mica, but as far as the bevel base, you could beagle it out to a plain base.

felix
06-18-2009, 01:53 PM
Use corn starch. ... felix

Shiloh
06-18-2009, 03:11 PM
One of the fellows here sent me some gas checks to put in the seat. I trimmed one down, the bevel base fits into it, and I get no lube on the base. That was for a Lyman35891 wadcutter mold. Same technique would work for your mold.

I have had a machinist friend mill the bevel base off of a LEE mold, and am going to have him do another. That boolit, a .401 LEE TLSW is more accurate now.

Shiloh