PDA

View Full Version : Ruger 45 convertible

jar-wv
06-18-2009, 09:14 AM
I have 2 NM Blackhawks in 45 Colt. One was purchased with 45 acp cylinder. Can the 45 acp cylinder be used in either revolver or are they fitted to the gun it came with. Truth being told I forgot which one it came with.

jar

jhrosier
06-18-2009, 09:18 AM
...Truth being told I forgot which one it came with.

jar

The last 3 digits of the SN should be electro penciled on the face of the cylinder.
The cylinders are fitted to a specific gun.
It may or may not interchange.

Jack

jar-wv
06-18-2009, 10:59 AM
The last 3 digits of the SN should be electro penciled on the face of the cylinder.
The cylinders are fitted to a specific gun.
It may or may not interchange.

Jack

Jack. Thanks for the info. It took a shot of Ed's Red, stiff nylon brush, magnifying glass and sunlight, but I found it. Was really faint but unmistakable. Casual observation wouldn't have found it for me. Bad eyesight and CRS syndrome.

jar

curiousgeorge
06-18-2009, 11:47 AM
Glad you figured out which one it came with, but good possibility that it will fit both.

I have a 4 3/4 BH that I sent back for ACP cylinder. After getting the gun and extra cylinder back from Ruger tried it in my 7 1/2 Bisley and it worked fine. Actually seemed to true up in rotation better than the BH. Then thought, why not try it in the stainless 5 1/2 Bisley. Fit the frame, but did not rotate up to center well enough to suit me. You just never know unless you try.