PDA

View Full Version : remember the old Nosler Zippedo bullets

RU shooter
06-17-2009, 09:51 PM
Anyone elso have good luck with these old nosler bullets? My Dad bought these back in the early 70's for his Rem ADL in 6mm he bought in the 60's , always shot the best groups with these as I was reading through his old reloading notes Its funny that with all the match bullets out there that funny drive band design could shoot so well, For those that are not familiar with the Zippedo bullet it was set up like a cast boolit the only part of it that was .243 was a few rings that look like a Lee TL near the base the rest was bore rider even about .100 from the base of the bullet to the driving bands/rings. Makes it look like a GC shank! Anybody know when they stopped making these? Sure wish I could find some more ,anyone got an extra box in .243???

NoDakJak
06-17-2009, 11:48 PM
While stationed at Klamath Falls, Oregon I stopped by the Nosler shop at Bend and purchased several hundred 75 grain seconds. They shot great and I took many Jack Rabbits and Rock chucks with them. I loaded a box for one of the guys that I worked with. I later learned that he had fed his family with deer that he poached while using this round. He said that it was very effective on lung shots. I wish that I had a couple tousand more of them. Neil

ARKANSAS PACKRAT
06-18-2009, 10:18 AM
RU Shooter; I have a partial box of .224 Zippedos, I'm always looking for them, great in the .222 on deer. That solid base goes thru, leaves a .25+ cal. hole, good killer!
Anyone got any PM me!!
Nick